1.06

Lyarra woke up the next morning sweaty and in pain. She hasn't felt so weak and helpless in a long time. And she didn't really like it. She slowly opened her eyes, let a pain consuming groan escaped her as she turned her head to the side where two people were standing.

The King and the Queen.

"Your pardon, Your Grace. I would rise, but.." she spoke in a hoarse voice.

"Do you know what your mother has done?" asked the queen with an ice-cold expression. Lyarra shook her head weakly. 

"She captured my brother, Tyrion, on your father's orders." Lyarra frowned upon hearing that. Why would her mother do such a thing?

"But there must be a reason for that. My mother wouldn't take anyone prisoner just like that." she defended her mother, making Cersei scoff.

Lyarra was far too attached to her family for her liking. A family that she didn't conceived herself, because that's the only one she should love everywhere. 

"Maybe yes, at least we'll know where your younger sister got her terrible behavior from." Lyarra looked at the queen in surprise, after all she had been nice to her yesterday, and it was like another person was standing in front of her.

"Pardon? You have no right to talk about Arya like that." said Lyarra, getting angry.

"Enough!" the king spoke up, silencing both women. 

"Your mother wants to release Tyrion and you will apologize to Jamie Lannister."

"But-"

The king cut her off. "No buts. We've already spoken to your father, don't be as stubborn as he is."

"And why does she have to apologize to Jamie, after all it's her who's injured in bed?" Cersei addressed the king. "She wasn't the one who came out of a brothel drunk, that was her father."

A slap echoed through Lyarra's chambers as Lyarra watched wide-eyed as the king slapped his wife's in front of her. Angrily she clenched her hands into fists. Nobody had the right to slap a woman, not even the King himself.

"Shut up woman. If I say something then that counts, I'm the king." Robert said while Cersei placed her hand on the cheek he had slapped.

Before she turned to him and looked at him fearlessly. "I shall wear this like a badge of honor."

"Wear it in silence or I'll honor you again."

The king turned to Lyarra one last time and then left the chamber.

Lyarra waited until the king was completely out of her chambers before looking at the queen.

"Are you alright, your Grace?" she asked cautiously what made Cersei look at her. Her expression softened, but she cleared her throat, ashamed that Lyarra saw it. "I'm used to it, it's not the first time."

"But you shouldn't be used to that." Lyarra said, sitting up a little, even though it hurt her. "No man should hit his wife. He shouldn't even be called a man anymore if he does something dishonorable like that." 

Cersei gave her a gentle smile before sitting down on the bed with her and glancing at the wound on her shoulder, which is covered with a sheet.

"Does it still hurt a lot?" she asked, turning her gaze to Lyarra's face.

"A little, yes." Lyarra nodded.

"Then I'll have the Maester fetch some milk of poppy for you."

"Thank you." Lyarra murmured. It became quiet between them.