1.04

Lyarra

Lyarra

Lyarra carefully watched her little sister as she stood on a staircase with only one leg. Although it wasn't what she had planned for the day, when her sister stormed into her chambers early in the morning and begged her with her puppy eyes to come with her, she couldn't say no.

But she hadn't thought that she would just sit there the whole time and make sure that Arya didn't hurt herself too much.

Focused on Arya, she didn't notice a person approaching them, only when Arya started to speak did Lyarra look away from her to her father.

"Syrio says a water dancer can stand on one toe for hours."

"It's a hard fall down these steps." Ned Stark pointed suspiciously, looking questioningly at his eldest daughter who could only shrug.

"Syrio says every hurt is a lesson and every lesson makes you better." Lyarra shook her head in amusement, the only thing Arya was talking about at the moment was training with Syrio.

"Tomorrow I'm going to be chasing cats." Arya proudly told her sister and father, which made them look at her with raised eyebrows.

"Cats? Syrio says-"

"He says every swordman should study cats. They're as quiet as shadows ans as light as feathers. You have to be quick to catch them."

"He's right about that." agreed Ned. He was about to turn to continue his duties when his youngest daughter's voice stopped him. "Now that Bran's awake, will he come live with us?"

"Well, he needs to get his strength back first." Ned explained to his daughters.

"He wants to be a knight of the Kingsguard."

"He can't be on now, can he?" Lyarra asked quietly, Bran's dream shattered.

"No."

"But someday he could be lord of a holdfast or sit on the Kings council. Or he might raise castles like Brandon the Builder." tells Ned what Arya heard intrigued.

"Can I be a lord of a Holdfast?" Laughing, Ned shook his head, planted a kiss on her forehead and put his arm around her.

"You will marry a high lord and rule his castle. And your sons shall be knights and princes and lords." Lyarra watched with amusement as Arya made a face and started to pout. "No. That's not me."

With that she moved away from her father and continued to balance on one leg only. When Lyarra saw her father start to walk away from them, she quickly jumped off the wall she was sitting on and let him go after him.

"Father!" she called which made him turn to her questioningly.

"What can I do for you?"

"Do you think I could take part in the tournament that is being held for you?" she asked and bit her lip nervously. Sighing, Ned shook his head, causing Lyarra head to fall.