part 1 . pilot

Loud music plays as a classic black sports car sails down Sunset

Loud music plays as a classic black sports car sails down Sunset. It's a cool summer night in Los Angeles California, and in the city of angels there's someone here who no one expects to be, or anywhere on earth, really.

He's beautiful, he's got money, and talent and takes nothing and no one seriously. He has nowhere to be and everything to do. He's retired! Ah, on vacation as he told his brother, and he's feeling just fine. His name is Lucifer Morningstar! And it's time to let everybody know. The Devil is in LA.

Billboards flash new bright neon lights every 10 seconds. They show beautiful supermodels selling perfume, jewelry, cars, food. Tall palm trees line the sidewalks, and stores selling items glittering in the windows flash by as Lucifer speeds down the street.

Ain't no rest for the wicked,
plays loudly on his car's stereo.

I was walking down the street, when out the corner of my eye I saw a pretty little thing approaching me.

She said, I've never seen a man who looked so all alone, could you use a little company?

If you pay the right price, Your evening will be nice and you can send me on my way.

I said, you're such a sweet young thing,
why do you do this to yourself?

She looked at me,
and this is what she said.

There ain't no rest for the wicked,
money don't grow on trees.

I got bills to pay,
ain't nothing in this world is free.

I know I can't slow down,
I can't look back.

Though you know,
I wish I could.

Oh, no there ain't no rest for the wicked,
until we close our eyes for good.

The sound of wailing sirens fills the air as Lucifer speeds down the street and turns right, unconcerned as the wind blows through his dark, curly black hair, — the unmistakable outline of his grace-like silhouette blending into the dark night. 

After a minute of continually hearing the loud noise, Lucifer starts to feel a little annoyed at the sound. He looks into his car's mirror, and notices a motorcycle behind him flashing with red, white and blue lights.

"Hello officer." Looking at Lucifer with a face that looks as if it's been carved out of stone, the officer tells Lucifer to, "Cut the music." His voice loud and brisk. Lucifer smiles, laughing lightly, "Sorry." He says, still chuckling.