part 8 . pilot

Night falls in downtown Los Angeles. It's Saturday night in the city of angels, and Lucifer moves elegantly through his vibrant nightclub, taking shots and dancing with an air of careless joy, ready to fulfill all of his desires. The glass tables shimmer in the lilac light, pulsing on and off to the music.

The many TVs in the club show the vibrant colors of the new music video to Taylor Swift's new hit song, "Lavender Haze" which plays loudly on the club's new, clear sound system.

Meet me at midnight...

Oh oh ah ah oh...

Oh oh ah ah oh...

Oh oh ah ah oh...

...

Staring at the ceiling with you...
Oh, you don't ever say too much.

And you don't really read into,
My melancholia...

I've been under scrutiny,
yeah, oh yeah

You handle it beautifully,
yeah, oh yeah

All this shit is new to me.
yeah, oh yeah

Oh ah a ah ha!

I feel, a Lavender Haze creeping up on me.

Surreal, I'm damned if I do give a damn what people say.

He's just starting have a good time when the people dancing slow, the music slurs, and his mood changes. Amen. Bloody hell.

He walks outside onto the road where his formidable brother stands. Cars pass by at the speed of snails on the busy street in front of his nightclub.

Amen stands in the middle of the dark road. In the dark night lit only by the tall, black streetlights spaced every ten feet, he looks unpromising and un-angelic.

"I've been watching you, Lucifer. And I don't think I like what I see. You're showing restraint, mercy. This is not okay, Lucifer. There is a balance here that we must maintain." Amen says righteously. His muscular arms hang at his sides, his stance athletic and his golden brown eyes sharp.

"I strongly suggest you do what I told you to do." Amen says imposingly. "And go back to Hell."

"Don't threaten me brother." Lucifer says, his voice sinister. "You wouldn't want to start a war."

"I would love a war." Amen says, laughing at Lucifer, showing him his radiant white smile. "Oh, Luci. My hatred for you grows stronger with every visit."

"Well, I wouldn't have it any other way." Says Lucifer. "I look forward to eating your heart one day." He says, smiling evilly back.

.

"I sense your disapproval, Maia." Says Lucifer, as he stands casually at the bar, observing her wipe down the immense mirror on the back wall.

Various bottles of liquor sit haphazardly on one side of the marble black countertop. It's 4am in the morning. The last few stragglers start to leave the club as Maia turns to face Lucifer. She puts her cloth and mirror cleaner down, and looks at him with angry hostility, narrowing her eyes as he takes a sip of his amber-colored drink.

.

.

"I just can't understand why you would save a human life." Maia says with disdain, her blood red lips curling into a sneer. "Well, there's something different about her that I don't quite understand, and it vexes me." Lucifer says truthfully. He wants, no - badly wants, to know why Christina isn't affected by him.

"Maybe it's not her that's different." Says Maia, pulling Lucifer from his thoughts. "Is this where I'm supposed to ask, whatever do you mean?" He asks, tilting his head mockingly, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "I'm worried about this... New you. Stop caring. You're the Devil." Says Maia, her voice like poison.

She walks out from behind the bar, her sleek black heels clicking ominously on the polished hard wood floors. Her long straight, silky, dark hair, flows smoothly down her back, swinging left to right as she nimbly walks up the spiral staircase to the lift that opens up to Lucifer's top floor pad. "Yes, yes I am." He says, lost in thought, staring at his drink.

"Hello, darling, here's the deal. We can have as much sex as you desire, but you are going to have to listen to me." Says Lucifer, standing at the door of Dr. Martin's office. "There are a few things that I'd like to discuss with you.

You know, just a... an existential dilemma or two. Deal?" He asks. "Yes." Linda says promptly, looking him up and down, with desire clear on her face. "Lovely." Says Lucifer, giving her a stunning smile.

...........................................................................