𝖝𝖑𝖎𝖛. cause you and i, we were born to die

chapter forty-four( cause you and i, we were born to die )

chapter forty-four
( cause you and i, we were born to die )

              ASCELLA WASN'T ENTIRELY SURE IF HER AND HERMIONE'S POOR, desperate excuse of a plan was bound to work out the way they intended it to, but, realistically, they were left with no other options

ASCELLA WASN'T ENTIRELY SURE IF HER AND HERMIONE'S POOR, desperate excuse of a plan was bound to work out the way they intended it to, but, realistically, they were left with no other options. It was a terrible plan, in all honesty, one she had mustered up in the heat of the moment, dragging Hermione alongside her, but they were had no other choice.

Hermione and Ascella led Harry, and an eager Umbridge, down the stairs, through the Entrance Hall, and towards the great doors that held the Scottish Highlands behind them. The din of loud voices and the clatter of cutlery on plates echoed from out of the double doors to the Great Hall — it seemed incredible to Ascella that twenty feet away were people who were enjoying dinner, celebrating the end of exams, not a care in the world . . .

The odd group of people walked out in the warmth of the June air, the evening sun comforting on their skin, as soft winds billowed around them. Ascella would have been pleased to bask in the setting sun a little longer, but she was left with no other choice than to continue walking onwards, ignoring every urge in her mind and body that was screaming at her, telling her it was an awful idea.

The sun was falling towards the tops of the trees in the Forbidden Forest now, and as Hermione and Ascella marched purposefully across the grass — Umbridge jogging to keep up — their long dark shadows rippled over the grass behind them like cloaks.

"It's hidden in Hagrid's hut, is it?" said Umbridge eagerly in Harry's ear.

"Of course not," said Hermione scathingly. "Hagrid might have set it off accidentally"

"Yes," said Umbridge, whose excitement seemed to be mounting. "Yes, he would have done, of course, the great half-breed oaf."

Ascella clenched her jaw sternly, resisting the urge to turn around and throttle Umbridge. Her anger was already getting the better of her — there was a small, dim glow to her fingertips, and she balled up her fists so Umbridge wouldn't catch sight of them.