Chapter 10: 'A Saiyan Battle: Part 1'

Uhh... Hi, again. Author here. 

Well, ain't this awkward... I kind of abandoned this fanfic, only to come back a year and few months out of nowhere. It must have been hell waiting for a new chapter.  

Now Imma be honest with you all. About a year ago, I lost interest in continuing this work mainly due to the average length of the chapters I swore to do. 25 minutes, 5000+ words every chapter? Nah, I really do not have time for that, at all. So now, I figured I should tone down the length for the future chapters a bit. The longer ones were only made possible because I already had pre-existing drafts for the latest chapters, but this one (Chapter 10) in particular, it's all new. 

But trust me, I already had this in a draft way back then, I just couldn't finish it due to the lack of motivation (Vergil would be disappointed in me...), so I just left it as a draft and... left you guys hanging. But at least I kept my promise, right? I didn't drop the story, no sir. 

So as a gift of apology, here's for a new chapter of The Mysterious Boy | Majikoi x Dragon Ball OC! (I really need to change that damn title. Please don't mind, I was fairly uncreative back then...)

Anyways, no more dilly-dallying. You guys are here to read the story, not the author's story. T_T

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm ready.", Daichi responds deeply before he went to his fighting stance.

Vegeta looks upon the young Saiyan with keen interest, mainly due to the fact that this boy has the same fighting stance as him. It reminded him of a certain Saiyan from another universe.

Hmph. The good old days. Seeing another Saiyan like this... The smirking Vegeta thought, as he too proceeds to flaunt his fighting stance.

The two lock eyes at each other with an intensity fierce enough shake the Earth beneath their feet as the other Saiyan, Goku, watches from the sidelines in anticipation. Like the spectator, the two kindred fighters await for one of them to act, but it seems there would be a long stand off between them. While in their position, Daichi ponders about his little experience in a battle and the result of this with Vegeta emerging victorious. 

 3 minutes of time has passed, and none of them has made a move, which is tempting Goku to interfere. 

"Hey guys, are you two just gonna stand there? Come on, I'm dyin' to see the fight here!", Goku said juvenile-ishly.

Obliviously, the Daichi reverted his attention to the spectator, which gave Vegeta an opening and charges at him. Daichi was caught off-guard by the sudden assault by his opponent, so he was met by a fist in his gut, causing the young Saiyan to cough out his saliva. Vegeta then proceeds to pummel Daichi with a flurry of punches at the speed of light, which Daichi could barely see or react. With one final blow, Vegeta sends Daichi flying to his opposite direction. Fortunately, he was able to block the devastating blow, but still felt the effect of immense pain inflected from the attack regardless. 

At the outskirts of the city, Daichi is seen still soaring through the air, and it seems he is heading to a forest of long and towering trees.