Chapter Two; I Can't Skate

"I have never ever, ever, ever, ever been so bored in my entire life," I groaned dramatically, launching a pillow at Blake, who studied a book in the corner. The pillow smacked against the wall beside his head and he glanced up, shooting me a scowl but otherwise ignored me, flipping the page. I rolled my eyes. "Blake, come on. Let's do something," I waggled my brows. "Wanna fool around?"

He wrinkled his nose in disgust and without looking up from his book responded, "Maybe since you're studying abroad you should actually study. I don't think I've seen you pick up a book since you got here."

"Everybody knows that they don't actually study. Besides, I'm not a nerd like you."

"Then why don't you go out and actually make some friends?" He offered, placing the book on the nightstand and ignoring my insult. A sly smirk spread over his face as he crossed muscular arms. "I know that might be hard for you but don't worry, trying anything for the first time is hard."

I rolled my eyes at him but sat up and leaned on my knees. I swung my legs like a five year old over the bed. "Hey, I have friends. You're my friend."

He quirked a brow at me as if to say, 'Really?' and I simply huffed and crossed my arms. "Fine. Who needs friends anyway? I'm a party all on my own."

"Then quit complaining. You have a room, you know. You could go sulk in there and quit bugging me."

"My room is even more boring," I stated, leaning on my hand as I watched Blake put on a puffy coat and lace up his shoes. He and Kai were going out yet again tonight, leaving me here alone once more. My boredom is slowly killing me. "I mean, yours is too but at least I have some company."

"Not for long. I have to leave soon," Blake stood and started towards the door. I instantly followed after him, switching off the light as I did so. I trailed behind him down the stairs, groaning.

"This house is a prison," I shouted, throwing up my arms. He sucked in a breath, curling his lip up.

"Then leave."

"You're starting to hurt my feelings, Blake. Do you really want me to live out on the streets?"

He sighed, rolling his eyes and ignored me. I felt my heart pang but I took the hint and walked towards the couch. It might as well be my couch with how much time I spend on it. I dragged a hand through my hair, searching around for the remote. I quirked a brow when I heard Blake curse under his breath.

"Look, why don't you come ice skating with us? It'll be fun and you can get out of the house."

I peered over at him lazily.

"And third wheel with you and Kai?" I drawled, finally spying the remote and dully swinging my head to the TV. I snorted. "No, no. I'm fine, thank you."

"West will be there too," He stated, walking towards me. "So will Rose and Caleb."

"So, what I'm hearing is, basically, you're trying to set me up with the background character?"

Blake snorted. "Don't count on it. He's straight."

Well, that didn't stop you, I almost said before biting my tongue and deciding against it. I really don't feel like getting my ass kicked today. Blake spoke again.

"And besides, I'd never subject West to that. Come or don't. It's your choice," He shrugged. "Come have fun and actually make friends or stay home alone again in your own puddle of tears."