Chapter Eleven; Date Day (Part One)

~Liam*~

I wasn't sure how I did it but eventually, I drifted off into sleep myself. However, when I woke up, I was alone.

I snuggled into the plush, warm blankets and reached across the bed after no longer feeling West's arms around me. I furrowed my brows. Nothing. I sucked in a breath and my eyes fluttered open. I instantly grimaced at the light that peaked through the dark drapes over the window. While they looked like they were supposed to black out the light, they did what seemed like the exact opposite. I turned over in the bed, laying on my back and stretching. I glanced around. Where was West?

I slowly stood up, pushing my hair back in an attempt to at least look somewhat decent. I peered around West's room as I made my way to the door.

The walls were a dark navy blue, clashing with the light blue comforter that made his bed. The nightstand and dresser were painted white, little trinkets decorating the space on top. I poked around at things, picking things up. I tripped over the clothes that littered the floor and found myself snickering. His room looks just like the stereo typical teenage boy room.

There was a TV mounted on the wall and a game station plugged into it. I rolled my eyes and opened up the door, sticking my head out and looked around. Almost as soon as I opened it, the sounds of kids shouted and laughing echoed through the hall. I curled my lip and hesitated but walked out, gently closing the door behind me.

I walked towards the stairs, sticking close to the walls, but froze and nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard West's mom walking out the door.

I heard her yelling very loudly in Italian, her high heels clicking quickly on the ground. I started to think that maybe she knew I was here and was shouting at West but then I heard her kiss him goodbye and start to gather her purse, keys jingling as she did so. As she walked out of the door, she called, "Ti amo!"

"Ti voglio bene, mamma. Buona giornata," I heard West shout lazily and my heart leapt. As the door shut loudly, I started making my way down the stairs. I rounded the corner, seeing West leaning against the counter, paying no attention to anything at all as he played a game on his phone. I reached up and gently knocked on the door, causing his head to snap up. His eyes seemed to light up, causing me to flush. He didn't give me time to even make any kind of smart remark or tell him good morning as he jogged around the table with an excitement that I wasn't used to and pulled me into a bear hug.

I blinked in surprise, honestly more than just a little shocked at the contact first thing in the morning. I felt my face start to tint pink and he must have noticed how tense because he pulled away slightly, just enough to flash me a smile.

"Hey, what're you doing up? I was gonna let you sleep for a bit. Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up," he breathed, his eyes searching my face. He finally pulled away from me, much to my disappointment. He padded back to his spot around the counter and I instantly followed, unable to help myself. "I heard my mom waking up and I knew she would barge into my room to get me if I wasn't awake with the kids."

I swallowed, pushing my bed head back and shrugged. "It's alright, love. That's about what I thought had happened."

He snickered and I leaned on my hand, staring at him. His inky hair was spiked up at odd angles and he wore a dark black V neck along with a plaid pair of pajama pants. As I looked at him, staring at him and trying to take in every aspect of him in the morning, I couldn't help but think... Wow. How did I not immediately jump him upon our first meeting?

And because of that, it took me far too long to realize that his mouth was moving. I blinked. "I'm sorry, what?"

He chuckled. "I was saying that... If you wanted to, I'm just staying here today... Maybe you could stay with me? We could hang out, watch some movies... Whatever you want."