Chapter Five; I Take West Clubbing

"West, I'm not even kidding, don't you fucking touch me," I scowled, slapping at his hand. He smirked and quirked a brow mockingly as he advanced on me further.

"What? I'm not even close to you. Why are you so scared?"

"You are way too close to me- Hey! Hey! I'm bigger than you, I will knock you the hell out, I swear I will. I'm not playing, don't you dare- WEST!" I screamed as West grabbed me around the waist and swung me around, knocking me off of the dock and into the icy lake water.

I began shivering instantly and held my breath before coming up, gasping. I scowled at West, who was still laughing loudly as he plopped down on the dock, dangling his feet over the edge. He cocked his head at me teasingly, beaming playfully. I pulled back and spit water at him.

"I-I'm still w-wearing my clothes, you a-asshole," I chattered with a glare, which only seemed to make him laugh even harder. When he finally managed to stop laughing, he shrugged and began to babble on once again but I didn't waste any time listening to him. I grabbed hold of his foot and saw his eyes instantly widen. I grinned devilishly before yanking as hard as I could, dragging him into the water with me.

West yelped, immediately grabbing onto me and kicking furiously. I found myself laughing loudly this time as he bobbed to the surface, splashing violently at me. "What if I couldn't swim, Liam?"

"What if I couldn't?" I protested, making him smirk. With one final splash at me, he quickly propped himself up on the dock and pulled himself up, stretching. I peered up at him as best I could with the sun in my eyes, and my breath caught watching him.

He pulled a hand through his long, charcoal hair, shivering as he closed those cyan eyes. He peeled off his green v neck that clung to him tightly and tossed it towards his bag of stuff at the end of the dock. My mouth went dry just looking at him. Although he seemed like he was just thin and lean, he sure was anything but when he took his clothes off. I was torn from my thoughts as my gaze made it's way up to his lips, when I realized that not only had I been staring, but that he had been talking to me this whole time. He held his hand out to me.

"-come on, Liam. I'm not going to sit here like this all day. Grab my hand!"

I quickly snapped out of it and reached out, letting him yank me back up onto the docks. He soothed his now soaking wet hair out of his face and flashed me a smile. He grabbed his bag off of the dock, throwing it over his shoulders, and I reached over, digging my sunglasses out of it. I placed them on my nose and started to follow West off of the dock.

"I hope you're happy," I started, twisting the water out of my shirt with a scowl. "I'm going to get your jeep all wet and then I'm going to laugh at you."

He scoffed, gently nudging me with his shoulder. "Oh, shut up, man. That was funny, you know it."

He sent me that goofy, lopsided smile of his and although my cheeks felt hot, I rolled my eyes. Our hands brushed together against our sides and my chest felt tight. I instantly jerked my hand back, not that he noticed. He placed his wet shirt into his bag and then threw the bag into the backseat of his Jeep. He hopped into the drivers seat and I swung around, taking my usual place in the passenger seat. I kicked my feet up, starting to get way to comfortable in his car than I'd care to admit.

He started up Patty, immediately cranking up the music. I pulled down the sun visor and began to check myself in the small mirror. I wrinkled my nose.

"Thanks to you, I look like a mess," I grumbled, shooting him a scowl in the mirror. "Now how am I supposed to pick up boys later?"

He smirked and shrugged, pulling out of the nearly empty parking lot. He reached over, ruffling my hair. I crinkled my nose and swatted at his hand, which only seemed to amuse him more. "Not my problem. I, personally, think you look better like this."