Chapter Twelve; Date Day (Part Two)

~Liam*~

I yelped, nearly throwing the bowl in my hands as the doorbell sounded throughout the house. Shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit, oh, shit, oh, shit. He's here. He's here, he's here, he's finally freaking-

"Did the doorbell just ring? Is West here already-?" Kai asked, popping his head out from the doorway. I grit my teeth and rolled my eyes, placing my bowl down on the table in front of me.

"Yes! Yes, it did, and yes, he is!" I practically shouted, my heart hammering in my chest. Kai irritates me on a normal day, you could only imagine how annoyed I was after spending half the day with him. I, personally feel like for me to swallow my pride and call this assclown for help, I deserve for West to fuck me right here and now. I think this really shows my dedication.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, looking towards the stairs. Holy fuck, West is here. West is here. For our date. Our date that I had planned. Our date that, while I felt pretty confident, might not actually be as amazing as I had planned it out to be. West is here and I am starting to panic.

Kai snorted, rolling his eyes at me as he strolled into the room, wiping his hands on his pants. He took one look at me and snickered, those eyes of his sparked with amusement.

"You know, I have never seen you so... so... Well, not covered in glitter," He smirked, pointing to my outfit. I scowled, furrowing my brows.

"And yet, even without, I look better than you ever will," I spat, flushing. Whatever. It's not like Kai's opinion matters. I look fucking adorable. I reached up, soothing a hand through my hair and walked to the steps, swinging around the balcony, calling, "Blake! Blake, get the door! And tell him to go around the back and-,"

"I know what to do," Blake answered back, walking by the stairs, not even bothering to glance down at me as he passed. I sucked in a breath, curling my lip, but waved my hand at him. Once I heard the front door open and Blake's muffled voice, I sprinted, grabbing the folded up clothes I had placed on the table. Kai watched me sprint around the room in a flustered mess, with an amused grin on his face. I sent him a glare and grabbed his shoulder, pushing him towards the stairs.

"No, no, you need to leave! Go upstairs, play with Blake, hell, get back in the closet, I don't care, just get out, out, out!" I strained, practically shoving him up the stairs. Kai rolled his eyes, holding up a hand as he looked at me with mock pain.

"What? I don't even get a thank you for helping you set up? Liam, I'm hurt-,"

"Oh, my gosh, thank you, thank you so much," I drawled sarcastically as a low knock sounded from the door. My heart leapt and Kai laughed, finally shuffled up the stairs when I practically growled, "Now, go!"

When I heard the upstairs door shut, signaling Kai finally leaving the basement, I practically teleported to the other door. Sucking in a deep breath, I pulled the door open, unable to control my smile. There he was, looking more dressed up than I had ever seen him.

His pitch black hair was styled out of his face, surprisingly, not a hat in sight. His muscled arms were bound behind a sleek leather jacket over top of a white tee shirt, his silver cross necklace hanging loosely at his chest. I instantly recognized the jeans he wore as the ones that I had picked out for him about a week ago. I was right; they look good. He wore that goofy smile of his and held a bouquet of purple flowers in his hand.

"Hello, handsome," He breathed, his cheeks tinting pink. He thrust the flowers forward awkwardly, reaching up and grabbing the back of his neck. "T-These are for you. Sorry, I-I don't really know if that's weird, you know, since you're a guy but I wanted to bring you something, I mean, I don't even know if you like flowers that much, we haven't really talked about it and I-I... I'm rambling. I'm sorry, I'm kind of nervous."