10 : ̗̀➛ think about it

Albedo sighed, not wanting to leave his warm bed

Albedo sighed, not wanting to leave his warm bed. Nonetheless, he'd already promised Sucrose he'd meet her for breakfast. But that was it, nothing more. He looked at Y/n as they slept peacefully. With a smile, he leaned in and placed a kiss on their forehead before leaving them a note that said he'd be having breakfast with Sucrose. He wanted things to work. He didn't want to hide anything from Y/n.

With a yawn, he got up and got dressed to go out. It was slightly cold out, so he wore a sweater, one he knew Y/n liked wearing. He stepped out into the chilly air and began his walk to the location Sucrose had sent him. He got arrived and Sucrose was already there.
"Good morning." He greeted, taking a seat in front of her.
"Oh! G-Good morning, Albedo!" She smiled.
The pair talked for a bit, making small talk before going to order some food. Albedo scanned the menu before placing another order for food Y/n would like.

Once they got their food, the pair sat back down.
"How have you been lately?" Sucrose asked, taking a sip from the coffee she'd ordered.
"Alright. My partner and I have started our 2nd year of college and it's going well," Albedo paused to take a bite from his scrambled eggs.
"What about you?" He asked.
Sucrose twirled a piece of her mint-colored hair in between her fingers as she spoke, "I-I've been alright. I'm...I'm actually going to be staying in this city permanently."

Albedo paused, staring down at his food.
"That's...That's great!" He gave half a smile.
Sucrose smiled back.
"Yeah, and I was wondering if you maybe wanted to...try again?" She asked nervously.
Albedo tilted his head to one side.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
Sucrose sighed, "Us. Would you like to...give us a try again?" She asked.

Albedo froze. He stared at her face. She hadn't changed in all these years. Well, maybe her hair had gotten a bit longer but...it was still the same old Sucrose. It was still his Sucrose. The one he'd cuddle up to at night, the one he'd wake up with kisses, the one he'd lend his coat to when it was cold and she forgot her own, the one he had given everything to. Albedo had Y/n now, though. He didn't need Sucrose nor did he want her. So why? Instead of telling her "no" immediately, why did he say:

"I'll think about it."

To Be Continued