22 : ̗̀➛ the final decision

"I love you." Y/n confessed.
The blond man stared in surprise. Y/n...loved him? How crazy is that?
"You what?"
"I love you, Albedo."
Before Y/n could blink, Albedo had wrapped his arms around them and pulled them in to him.
"I love you, too." Albedo mumbled into their shoulder.
Y/n smiled. They hugged him back, soaking in his warmth.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear that." Y/n grinned, happy tears beginning to form in their eyes.
Albedo chuckled.
"I didn't think you'd ever feel the same as me." He said.
"Oh but I do." Y/n sighs.
Albedo stared into their eyes, those of which he'd come to memorize the color of. He cupped their face, rubbing their cheek with his thumb.
"Can I?" He whispered.
"Go ahead." Y/n said.

The pair shared their first kiss as a couple.
"I've wanted to do that for a while." Albedo admitted.
Y/n chuckled.
"Well, now you've got all the time in the world to do that." They smile.
Albedo grinned, "Yeah, you're right. And I think I've got some catching up to do."

-

"We're here, Y/n." Kaeya says.
Y/n snapped out of it. Through all of the anger they felt for Albedo, they'd forgotten about all of the times they'd spent together, all the memories they'd made. Did he really throw it all away for her? Why? Why did it have to end? Why did it have to be her? Why not Y/n? Y/n wiped their tears and got out of Kaeya's car.
"I'll be back in a bit." They mumbled.
"Good luck, Y/n." Kaeya smiled.
"Thank you." Y/n replied.

Y/n went up to their former home and knocked. Albedo opened the door.
"You're here..." He stared in surprise.
"Yeah. We should talk." Y/n stated, looking down at their shoes.
"Come in." Albedo made space for them to walk inside.
"I'm going to miss this place." Y/n whispered.
Albedo turned around after closing the door.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to...hurt you." He apologized.
"Well, you did anyway. I trusted you, you know," Y/n said, sitting down on a chair.
"I know I'm not the most desirable person. Not the smartest, not the most attractive, but if you wanted to pursue someone else you should've told me. It would have saved us both so much time." They say, their eyes droopy and tired.
"Don't say that. You're...you're everything I could have ever asked for and-"
"So why? Why choose her and not me?" Y/n stood up abruptly.

Albedo paused.
"She was my first. For a lot of things. I loved her like no other. And fuck maybe I did still love her during our relationship. I'm sorry for that but I can't control it." He justified.
"You're right. You can't control you're feelings but you can definitely control what you do. You could've fucking told me, we would've broken up and I would've let you go be with her." Y/n retorted.
"Let me ask you something," They began, walking closer to Albedo.
"Why did you accept my confession if you still loved her?"

Albedo looked into their eyes, "I loved you both."
Y/n laughed out loud, "You're such a fucking joke. You think I'm gonna believe that? You're so full of shit, Albedo." They sneered.
Albedo walked forward and grabbed their hands.
"It's true. And I still love you and care about you, Y/n. Please forgive me for what I did. Come back." He pleaded.
"If I do, who's to say you won't do it again? How can I trust you?" Y/n asked.
Albedo pulled away with a sigh.
"You've got a point but you're not much different from me, you know." He frowned.

"Excuse me?"
"Kaeya. You've been with him while we were on our break." Albedo glared.
Y/n stared incredulously.
"Not like you and Sucrose. What the fuck is your problem?"
"Well if you haven't then it's only a matter of time. You don't think I see how he looks at you?" Albedo asks.
"Well you see the difference here is that I've never fucked him and I won't. At least not when I'm in a relationship or in your case, not when I'm on a break with someone but I know there's a chance we'll get together again after we fix our problems," Y/n stepped back slowly.
"I'm not like you, Albedo." They say.

Albedo ran a hand through his hair, "I know. I'm sorry."
Y/n looked down, "I'm glad we had this conversation. It hurt to hear it but I think I needed it so I can let you go for good."
Albedo looked up at them swiftly.
"You-You're done then? For good? It's really over?" He asked frantically.
"I think so, yeah." Y/n breathed out.

"Please. Think about this, Y/n. I can't imagine a world without you. I need you." Albedo grabbed their hands.
Y/n took a deep breath. It was time to make a decision. Y/n just hoped they made the right one.

The End.

Open ending, up to you if you forgive Albedo 🙏
Thank you for reading ❤️