12 : ̗̀➛ distractions

"You know, I've been able to see quite a bit from this lunch alone and I changed my mind." Sucrose said with a sigh.
"What are you talking about?" Albedo asked.
"I can see how in love Y/n is with you. If you're happy with them, you should stay with them. I shouldn't have asked you to try again." Sucrose said, a sad smile on her face.
"I told you I had a partner before yet you still asked. Why the sudden change?" Albedo asked, almost frustrated at the change of heart from Sucrose.
"Like I said, they seem to really love you. I don't want them to get hurt. Anyways, we've already had our own time, it's their turn now." Sucrose replied.

"Don't be ridiculous." Albedo scoffed, grabbing one of Sucrose's hands across from him.
"We can- we can try." He whispered.
Sucrose raised an eyebrow.
"Don't you love them?" She asked.
"I do but...I miss you." Albedo spoke.
His face slowly inched toward Sucrose, his eyes drifting to her lips.
"You're terrible." She whispered, her own face getting closer.

The sound of the bathroom door opening and closing separated the two. Y/n walked back to the table.
"Did I miss anything?" They asked.
"Nothing at all, my love." Albedo smiled at them, giving them room to sit back down.
Lunch continued on normally as if nothing had happened between Albedo and Sucrose and Y/n was none the wiser.

Lunch ended and Y/n and Albedo returned home. Y/n continued their day normally while Albedo continue getting distracted. He thought back to lunch. How close he had gotten to her and her lips, the lips he'd missed. If only he had moved an inch closer he could've felt them on his own, he could've felt the sweet ecstasy of kissing her. Alas, he had to remember, Y/n was his partner now.

Did he really want to break their heart? No. Not at all. But could he really hold himself back? That was a good question, Albedo told himself.

To Be Continued

a/n: double update cuz im feeling generous 🫶