The Test of Will

This is a story of my own making and it will start off a bit dull but will soon get fun.

"Oh, shut up," said Mitch searching for his alarm clock that woke him up once more. Mitch was a 12-year-old boy with slightly tanned skin, and a faint muscle tone from his gym class. He had brown, blond hair with brown eyes. He was standing at about 4'10. "Got you," said Mitch as he finally shut off his alarm clock. "Yes, now I can go back to sleep," said Mitch as he laid back down in his bed.

"Hey Son, don't think you can go back to sleep. Today's the last day of school plus you got to be on time for the Will Test," said Mitch's mom Trai. She was a tad bit plump with long brown hair, green eyes, and she was standing at 5'5". She was an assistant for one of the big companies in the capital.

"Fine I guess you are right," said Mitch as he started getting out of bed. "Good now you go get change while I make you your favorite pancakes," said Trai. "Thanks mom," said Mitch who was now fully out of his bed and walking towards his closet. He put on his favorite shirt which had a lightning bolt on it and a pair of shorts.

He then headed downstairs for some breakfast. He smelled the wonderful scent of his mom's cooking though and couldn't help but run downstairs to get the wonderful food faster. "Wow you really are in a hurry now," said Trai looking happily as Mitch ran downstairs. "Well, it just smelled so good down here I couldn't resist," said Mitch giving his mom a kind of embarrassed look. "Hee. Don't worry about it sweetie," said Trai. "Oh good. Is Dad up yet?" said Mitch in his normal happy voice.

Mitch's dad was a tall 6'1 with a deep voice. Brown eyes, light blond hair, with a fainter muscle outline than Mitch. His name was Joby. He worked at the same company as Trai as an inspector and he was usually gone about 2 months each year for his job.

"Yeah, I'm up kiddo," said Joby reading the newspaper. He was in the living room which was right across from the kitchen so you could see the tv. He was sitting in one of those old-fashioned rocking chairs. "Hmm honey could you head over and give me a hand with these pancakes," said Trai. "Yeah sure," said Joby as he starts to get up. "No can I help you," begged Mitch wanting to learn how to make the pancakes because his never came out just right. "Don't worry about it sweetie. Today is your last day of school and your Will Test after all," said Trai in her normal sweet voice.

"Fine I guess I will go watch tv then," said Mitch as he grabbed the remote and turned on the tv. It had been five minutes when Trai said, "Sweetie come on over back to the table for the pancakes." "Yay!," said Mitch as he began to walk over to the table. "Hey kiddo you excited about the test," said Joby as Mitch sat down at the table. "Yeah, but I doubt I will end up with any Will magic. Since the odds are like 1 in every 500 have it or something," said Mitch in a sad voice. "Hey kid don't give up on it. I heard that if you don't think it will work it won't," said Joby. "Yeah, your father is right sweetie. You shouldn't give up until you take the test," said Trai. "Yeah, I guess you are right. I guess I give it my best shot," said Mitch in his normal happy voice. "Yeah, that's the right attitude kiddo. "Now hurry up eating the pancakes since you got to leave in five minutes," said Joby giving his son a smile.

XXX

"Good I'm on time," huffed out Mitch as he arrived at school after having to run there to get there on time. "Hey M. Why are you gasping for air so much," said Wilt.

Wilt was one of Mitch's two best friends. He was a skinny short kid standing at 4'4". He had blue eyes filled with curiosity, a dark almost chocolate color skin. He also had pure white hair from a mistake at his birth. He and Mitch, other best friend, also liked to call him M.

"I had to run here to arrive in time," said Mitch. "No, you didn't. We still have 10 minutes till school starts," said Wilt checking his watch. "What! Dang it I forget that my dad's watch is 10 minutes early!" groaned Mitch in a voice of anger from being so dumb.