Is He Mute?

Toby's POV:

Jack had asked me to get Ace a glass of water for when he woke up. So I did, I brought the water up, and Ace was rubbing his throat. 

"Mind telling me who put cotton balls in your throat?" Jack asked a bit harshly. Ace didn't seem to want to awnser, and I didn't dare to go into the room.

"Do I have to teach you to talk?" Jack asked, more calmly. Ace shook his head, then I walked in and handed Ace the water. 

"I-I-I thought you wo-would like some wat-water Ace..." I said. He just looked at it, then he took it, smelt it, then drinks it n coughs after he finished. 

"You okay, kid?" Jack asked, Ace nodded, then signaled for a pen n paper, so I left the room, grabbed a pen n some paper. When I get back, I handed him the pen and paper, and he wrote down 17, I'm guessing that's his age. 

"Hmm.. still calling you kid." Jack said. Ace just sighed, I sat down next to him and asked 

"Would you l-like me to teach y-you sign language?" He just nodded and I grabbed a piece of paper and hands it to him. 

"We used this when we realized that Hoodie was the type of person to go non-verbal. Masky would usually ta-talk for him, until he found sign l-language. So we now use it for when we go o-o-out on missions n what no-not." I said, Ace just nodded again n looked over the page, then signed 'cya.' Then he got up and went down stairs, Jack and I followed, only to see that everyone was back. 'Just great... more people to deal with..' I thought to myself.

Ace coughed and everyone, and I mean everyone looked at him. 

"Who's that?!" Jeff practically yelled, he looked terrified. 

"Th-this is A-Ace." I said, trying to stay calm. 'He still hasn't talked.. guess he's still- wait I- he kinda looks like Jack.. could the be related? Or was he made to look like that? I'll ask him later..' I thought as I looked at him. He kinda looked lost.. 

"H-hey, if you n-need s-someone t-to translate you to ev-everyone.. i-im sure Ja-Jack wont mind.." I whispered to him as I put a hand on his shoulder, Ace turned to me, he growled at me and pushed my hand away. 

"S-s-sorry.." I mumbled as I retracted my hand. 'Guess he's not a physical touch type of guy...' I though. 

"Don't apologize to me." Ace said, his voice was deep, raspy, and it sounded like it hurt.

 "O-oh so- okay.." I said. I didn't want to get hurt, even though I can't feel pain.

Ace's POV:

"Don't apologize to me." Is all I said. 

"O-oh so- okay.." Toby stuttered. I regretted talking because my throat hurt a bit after words, I signaled for some water, and Toby nodded and told me to follow him. Everyone was staring at me. I hated it. I hated being starred at. It made me feel vulnerable and weak. Even if I didn't have eyes, I could see, very clearly actually. I sat down at the table and waited.

Toby came back fairly quickly and handed me a glass of water, I happily drank it. 

"So.. are you blind?" He asked, I nearly choked on my water as I looked up at him. I swallowed my water and shook my head 'no'. He looked at me and his eyes lit up. 

"COOL!!!" He yelled, I flinched, covered my elf like ears and the glass spilt onto the table. 

"Shit.." I muttered. 

"Sorry!!" Toby said as he ran to get a towel and came back and I helped him clean it up. I sighed and looked at the cup. 'Glad it wasn't glass...' I thought, I jumped when my hair was grabbed, I was forced to turn around to see who was behind me and I instantly growled. 'What does HE want?!' I thought as I stared at Laughing Jack.

He was the one who tried killing me last week! He got closer and I instinctively went for his neck, I bit down and he threw me. I hit the wall with a loud thud, everyone was staring at me again. 'Great! JUST FUCKING GREAT! Now everyone's staring at me again.' I thought as Laughing Jack rushed at me. I swiftly dodged his attack, and clawed his back, watching the blood go down him. I smiled a bit, I was grabbed and thrown to the floor, I got up quickly and stared at him, waiting, anticipating his next move, he started laughing and I realized that I no longer had my hoodie on, I was shirtless, my scars exposed, now I was starting to get pissed, I walked over to him, nut tapped him, he went down pretty quickly, I then grabbed my hoodie, put it on then went outside, knowing that I had multiple broken bones, many cuts, and I could feel some bruises forming on my body. I didn't care though.

I walked for a good hour before I found a brick building, it was fairly large, so I started looking around for a med kit, I eventually found it and started patching myself up. 'I gotta go back soon. But I don't really wanna be killed.' I thought as I finished patching up myself and I sighed. I'll go back in the morning, the worst that could happen is getting in trouble for leaving the place on the first day, I wasn't really worried, so I didn't care. I did eventually find a place to lay down in the brick building, so I laid down and passed out.