Chapter 25: An Unexpected Agreement

Every day I manage to learn something new about Gaston. For example last week I learned that even when you think he is in a state of deep sleep the smallest sounds can wake him up. The break-in that I thought was a complete success turned out not to be. Gaston knows that someone was in his home but at least he doesn't know it was me nor does he know that the break-in wasn't done to steal something but to return an object that was stolen. Either way he has decided to place some security around his house and now stealing the book again is going to take more planning than the last time.

Luckily for me, I have a partner in crime.

Adrien and I are sitting on my bed looking down at the rough map of Gaston's house that Adrien drew last night after I told him I needed to steal the book again. I have to fight the urge to laugh at the crayon sketch of the house that looks like a five-year-old did it and even though I manage to keep a laugh back I can't stop a smile from forming on my lips.

"What are you smiling at?" he asks, his one eyebrow raised, which I have learned is his look of confusion.

"Nothing," I snort.

I use my hand to cover my mouth before the laugh that so desperately wants to escape gets out but I don't move quickly enough and a quick burst of laughter tumbles from my mouth. I can only hope that he doesn't catch on to what is going on but this hope is short-lived and I watch as all emotion drains from Adrien's face and he starts to look at me like I've killed his dog.

"You're laughing at my drawing aren't you?"

"What no I'm... I'm." As much as I want to protect his feelings I can't keep my laughter in any longer and it begins to spew out of me. "I'm sorry... It... it looks like a five-year-old got bored and found a bunch of crayons," I manage to say through laughter and tears pouring out of my eyes.

"Don't hate on my drawing this right here is the thing that will help you get your book." He holds up his drawing like it's an all-important treasure map which I guess it could be in this situation.

I wipe my tears away and after a few deep breaths, I manage to calm myself down.

"Okay okay I'm fine now," I take one more deep breath more measure, and then focus my attention back on the map, "What do you think we should do?"

Over the next, hour Adrien explains to me this long but simple plan on how we can steal the book, and despite its simplicity, I have full confidence that we will succeed. Okay, maybe not fully confident but I don't see any obvious reason we will fail.

Peering from behind the corner I watch as Adrien continues the conversation with Gaston that has been going on for nearly two hours

Peering from behind the corner I watch as Adrien continues the conversation with Gaston that has been going on for nearly two hours. That is two hours of me having to remain quiet and completely still in my hiding spot while I have to listen to them talk about the most random and sometimes gross topics. I always wondered what boys/men talked about in their free time, now that I know the answer I'm starting to wish I never asked the question.