Chapter 45: Not Such A Bad Idea After All

Grinding my teeth I pace back and forth between the two pillars that lead into the rose garden

Grinding my teeth I pace back and forth between the two pillars that lead into the rose garden. My hands automatically start to curl and uncurl as pure power buzzes through my veins and wraps around me like the vines that are infesting this small portion of the garden. He was supposed to meet me here over half an hour ago but there is still no sign of him. Immediately after Valerie left, I sent him a request to meet me in the garden, so that we could discuss her sudden return.

Twigs snap behind me and I quickly turn around to see Beast walking up the small and broken cobbled pathway leading up to this portion of the garden.

I cross my arms over my chest. "You're late," I snap.

"Just be grateful I'm here," he huffs as he saunters past me toward the bench where he takes a seat.

"I know you're still angry at me but can you just put that aside so that we can have an honest conversation about what is going on?"

He sighs and shakes his head. "Can't we have this conversation tomorrow, I've had a long day?"

Anger bubbles within me and from the corner of my eye I watch as small yellow sparks of power fly from my fingertips striking the plants below and killing them instantly. The second I notice him seeing this I curl my hands into fists and take a few deep breaths calming myself down and forcing my power to settle down.

"No, we can't have this conversation tomorrow we need to have it now before she comes back."

"Why am I not surprised you're making this talk about Valerie?" he scoffs. Moving away from the bench he slowly walks toward one of the rose bushes and gently plucks one of the delicate flowers. "I don't know why you won't just accept the fact that she is going to be around here to help Maurie," he says while twirling the flower between his fingers.

"And I don't know why you're allowing her to come back after she stole from me!" I scream. I thought that plan would work. Growing up if there was one thing I learned about him was that he hated people who lied to and used him. I drafted the perfect plan and executed it to perfection and for some reason he is throwing it all away.

He crushes the flower and tosses its broken body to the filthy ground below.

"I don't like her coming back either." He's lying, my inner voice screams at me and as much as I want to yell that at him I decide to let him keep talking. "But, Maurie needs her help to break the curse."

My brows furrow. "So, Maurie is the one who brought her here again?"

He nods. "He sent her a letter."

It takes all of my strength to hold back the burst of power that so desperately wants to come out. Of course, this whole thing is Maurie's fault. Of course, he brought her back. If it wasn't for his relationship with Beast I would have killed him years ago.

"How much longer is she going to be coming here?"

"Hopefully not much longer. Now, I'm going to go the bed."