Shiny like you

(Hello! So this story is based on a two shot I did, only the first two chapters the rest isn't, anyways hope you enjoy!)

In Gotham city, joker and Harley were in Gotham's local jewelry store. Harley was the one who suggested going. Joker felt like stealing something and Harley wanted new jewelry so they went there.

Harley skated around the place, looking for jewels. Joker just stood by the door, watching her with an amused smile. Joker loved jewelry but he didn't really need any so he just waited for her to finish.

Then something from the other side of the room caught his eye. It was very shiny and made him squint a little, but he felt drawn to it. Like a moth to a flame. So, he slowly walked over. When he found the source, he couldn't believe it! It was a shiny blue diamond.

It was huge, looked very expensive. Very pretty as well, any wife would be happy to get this for their birthday. Or...husband? He stared at it with widened eyes.

His heart pounding in his chest. He slowly felt his whole body warm up, he smiled widely. "Harley! Harley come over here and look at this!" He exclaimed, looking over his shoulder to his girl buddy.

Harley heard him and walked over with some stolen jewelry. "What is it Mistah j?" She asked him, looking at him curiously. He stared at the diamond brightly. "Doesn't this diamond remind you of someone?" He asks her pointing at the glass case it was in.

Harley squints at it, trying to see what he's seeing. "Hmmmmmm....nope!" She finally exclaimed, smiling. Joker frowns a little then looks back at the jewel. "Doesn't it look like batsys eyes?" He asks her, staring at it in awe.

She takes another look, still squinting. Then her eyes widened a little and she smiled again. "Oh! Yeah I see it now" she says nodding her head to her puddin. "Yes! Do you think he would like it?" He asks her.

She nods quickly, "of course! Who wouldn't?" Joker smiles giddy, breaking the glass case surrounding it. He grabs the diamond, though it's sort of heavy, he places it on the ground in front of him.

He looks at it fondly, harley smiles down at him. "But, since you stole it he might just give it back" she tells him. He looks up at her, disappointed. "Oh...yeah" he said sadly.

Harley smiles sympatheticly at him. "But hey! He might not" "never know if you don't try right?" She asks smiling softly down at him. He looks back up at her now with determination. "Yeah! Never know if you don't try" he said happily, putting the diamond in his lap.

She smiled brightly at him, happy to see he's better. Harley decided to walk back around the place, look for any more cool jewels to steal. Then she heard a 'swoosh' sound which made her stop in her tracks. She looked around nervously.

Joker didn't seem to hear it or he just didn't care. Harley quickly started to walk over to joker when she was kicked to the ground. She dropped the jewels with a yelp, turning to see the boy wonder.

He smiled down at her, like he didn't just kick her. "Hiya harley!" He said happily, waving down at the criminal. Harley held back a groan of annoyance, she was freinds with Robin and didn't want to make him upset so she just got up and got ready to fight him.

While harley and Robin fought, a batarang all of a sudden went flying right past jokers head. Joker then looked up from the jewel, to see where that came from. He then saw batman, who was on top of one of the jewelry cases.

Batman glared down at the clown, with those bright blue eyes. They basically glowed in the dark. Joker looked up at him with widened eyes. He smiled brightly then stood up from where he was sitting. "Bats!" He yelled up at him excitedly.

Batman dropped down from the jewelry cases and got ready for a fight. Joker leaned down and picked up the diamond. He then handed it to batman, with a sweet smile on his face.

Batman looked down at the jewel, tilting his head. "What...?" He asked confused. Joker smiled softly at him. "I wanted to give you that diamond" "it- reminded me of you" he told him nervously.

Batman stared back down at the jewel in his hands. Joker stared at batman, waiting for some kind of response from the hero. Batman looked back up at him. "Why?" He asked simply.

"Well...uh it's a greatest enemies gift!" "Duh- obviously..." he said nervously, his face slowly heating up. Batman squinted at him, trying to read the clowns thoughts.

"Do- greatest enemies give each other gifts?" He asked eventually. Jokers smile falls a little, he looks around the room nervously. "Of course they do!" "It's completely normal.." he said laughing nervously, because that's just what he does.

"Anyways just take it!" He exclaims shaking his hand dismissively. Batman seems to frown and looks back down at the jewel. The jewel definitely was expensive, though bruce wanye could definitely pay for it.

The light blue jewel glowed brightly in the light of the moon. Batman was still clearly confused that the joker would give him something he stole, but he decided to keep it, just in case.

By the time batman looked up again, joker was gone. He looked over to see that harley was as well. A little Robin was on the floor, face first. He sighed in annoyance.

A whole week had passed and the 'worlds greatest detective' was still confused. The diamond wasn't a bomb or anything, he checked it before even bringing it home, then he checked it again just for good measure. It didn't even have any laughing gas on it!

Batman just stared at the diamond. He was still trying to wrap his brain around it all. Why would, the joker, clown Prince of crime, his greatest enemy, not want to keep a diamond that he stole? Why would he want to give it to batman? Was this normal from greatest enemies to do?

Do greatest enemies give each other gifts? Should he give joker something? Why does this pretty bright blue jewel remind the clown of Batman? What does he have in common with the jewel? All of a sudden, he heard someone walk up to him in the batcave.

"Uh- batman? What are you doing?" Barbara asked him, putting her hand on the back of his chair. He is quickly taken out of his thoughts and turns over to her. "Barbara! Uh- nothing" he said nervously, moving the jewel behind him.

"Uh- I was just wondering why you were here...in the batcave sitting alone while all of us are upstairs" she says trying to look behind him. He makes sure she can't see the jewel though.

"Uh- yeah I know I'm just busy with...trying to find out where joker and Harley are ya know?" He said nervously tilting his head. Barbara looks at him curiously for a minute. "Oh well then, you missed seeing the bat signal" "it seems joker, harley and some other rouges are taking hostages at the hospital" she told him now much more seriousness was in her tone.

He flinched slightly at the mention of joker but nods firmly. "Alright I'll just get ready, be there in a minute" "go and get dick ready" he told her turning back around in his chair. She smiles at him and nods back. "Of course, I'll see you then" she says quickly running out of the batcave.

Batman sighed loudly and looked back at the diamond. He clearly is very confused still, maybe he could ask joker more questions? He stood up from his chair near his batcomputer and went to get ready.

(That's it for this chapter! I sort of rewrote it from my one shot story, so if you read that and are now reading this you probably can tell the difference, I hope you like it more this way)