Ba(t) romance

(Hello! So, when I'm writing this it's February 10th which is the anniversary of the Lego Batman movie :3 also it's almost Valentine's Day! I don't think the next chapter will be out by then but it will be a Valentine's chapter for at least some of it anyways I Hope you enjoy)

POV by joker:

I woke up the next morning, on my old mattress. It was uncomfortable, this is why I left this hideout. I groaned, getting up and walking to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I brush my teeth and comb my hair, I glare at my reflection. I walk out of the bathroom and go to the living room. Chara was still asleep, they lay head down on the couch. I yawned, turning towards the kitchen, that's when I hear noise.

It sounded like someone making something from the kitchen. I peak my head into the room and spot Harley. She was humming a random tune while making pancakes. I sluggishly walked inside and sat down at the small table.

Harley heard me and turned her head. "Oh Heya puddin!" "I came in this morning and I decided to make you breakfast" she said cheerfully, turning back to the pancakes. I nodded to her, rubbing the tiredness from my eyes.

I could still feel the hot tears from last night. Harley continued to hum a tune that felt familiar. I didn't care enough to ask her about it though. She then stopped flipping the pancakes and turned around towards me.

She gave me a plate of pancakes and put them in front of me. I smiled a little at her and then started to eat them. "Say, how about we go 'shopping'" she said mischievously. I looked at her annoyed, shaking my head.

"I can't" "I don't wanna go back to Arkham" I said in a low tone. She frowned at me, making herself a plate. "Ah, okay" "but you will do crime again soon right?" She asked me curiously, tilting her head. I sighed and nodded.

"Of course I will" "I'm just not in the mood right now" I told her, frowning down at my food. "Well, when you are, I'll be right here!" "Ready to do crime with my best friend!" She exclaimed happily. Chara then walked into the room, peaking their head for a minute to see what was happening.

"Oh! You must be Harley" they said smiling happily. Harley turned to them and smiled brightly. "Yeah, hi!" "It's nice to meet ya!" She said happily shaking their hand. They shook her hand back, not as much as she was shaking theirs though.

"Yeah, nice to meet you as well" "I'm chara" they introduced, to which Harley giggled. "So you're the one who helped Mistah j out of Arkham?" She asked them to which they nodded. "Yup! That was my first time there" "I'm pretty new to the crime thing" they said awkwardly.

"Ah, I remember my first time!" "The first thing I did was break Mistah j out of prison" "I was a psychiatrist" she told them, chirpy. They laughed at that, "really? You left you're job just to be a criminal?" They asked her curiously. She nodded quickly, making pancakes for chara.

"Yeah! Mistah j was my best friend" "also kinda had a small crush on him" "so, I gave up everything to become his new 'Harley Quinn!'" She exclaimed proudly, grabbing a plate for the pancakes. Chara looked at me for some confirmation. I simply nodded, to which they turned back to her.

"That's cool!" "I like you're outfit" they said smiling at her. "Thanks! I made it myself" she exclaimed happily. She then handed chara their pancakes. They took them generously and went to sit down next to me. They turned to me and smiled, I didn't look back at them.

They frowned then started to eat their pancakes. Harley sat down on the opposite side of us, eating her plate of pancakes. "Say, we should all do a crime together!" "Well, when you feel up to it puddin" Harley said looking at me, I shrugged. "That would be fun" chara said with what felt like fake enthusiasm.