Confirming everything

(Hello again! Dude This chapter is pretty cool, hope you enjoy it as well!)

POV by batman:

I was still ashamed of myself, for letting the joker and Harley Quinn escape like that! Robin had fought bravely as I just stood there, all because I had a crush on the clown! The clown who was supposed to be my enemy.

Me and Robin were at the ice cream stand, I had got chocolate while Robin got strawberry. I know chocolate is a pretty basic flavor but I really like it. Robin getting strawberry actually surprised me, he seems like someone who would like a more crazier flavor.

Either way, we both sat down on a bench near where the ice cream stand was. We both ate our ice creams in silence, mostly because I was too busy thinking about my stupid mistake. 'Why did I just stand there?! Jokers never had this affect on me before why now?!' I thought angrily.

Robin eventually turned to face me, he stopped licking his ice cream for a minute. "You alright, padre?" He asked me kindly. I turned to him, now out of my thoughts. "Uh, I'm fine" I said looking back down at my ice cream.

"Are you sure, padre?" "You've been quiet for a while" my son said looking at me sympathetically. I turned to him and nodded. "Uh yeah no I'm fine, just a little...in my own thoughts" "I'm sorry again for just standing there" I told him, frowning.

Robin nodded to that he smiled softly at me. "Again it's okay, padre!" "Next time we'll catch and joker and Harley, I'm sure" Robin told me determinedly. I smiled a little back at him, then ruffled his hair. "Yeah, I'm sure we will" I said back to him.

Robin giggled then went back to eating his ice cream. My left and right brain were currently fighting in my mind. I tried to ignore both of them, but they were very loud. 'Jokers a criminal and needs to be put in Arkham asylum!' My left brain yelled at my right.

'He's been different these past few weeks! He's been kinda....sweet to me. He gave me that diamond just because it matched my eyes and then he didn't hurt that hostage that he kidnapped!' My right brain countered. I felt my face start to heat up and my heart pounded in my chest yet again.

Finally, me and Robin were done with our ice cream. So we got up from the bench and went back to the bat mobile. I then drove us back home. The drive was also very quiet and filled with my thoughts. I then saw that Barbara had texted me back, I sighed then looked at the text.

'What?! Seriously? Why, batman?' She texted back to me. I could tell she was annoyed and angry with me. So I texted back, 'Barbara...I think something's wrong with me!' I sent it to her, she quickly texted back. 'Ain't that the truth! You're in love with a criminal!' She texted back.

I looked at the text surprised, then I looked back at Robin, to make sure he didn't see it. He was just looking outside the cars window. He seemed oblivious and happy. I sighed in relief then turned back to my phone.

I texted back, 'how on earth did you know?!' I sent back to her. 'I didn't tell her anything!' I thought still super surprised. 'I could tell after the hospital incident!' She sent back which made me glare at it.

'So that's why she was staying at my house for three weeks!' I thought glaring annoyed at the screen. 'Wow, it seems you knew before I did' I sent back to her, finally we made it home. I sighed in relief as I parked the bat mobile in the bat cave.

I got out and walked over to the bat computer. I looked at my files and went to the recent crime that was just committed. 'Joker and Harley Quinn were able to escape batman and Robin, stealing make up, candy and batman merchandise' it wrote simply.

Robin walked up behind me, while I sat in my bat chair. "I get them wanting to steal make up and candy but why batman merchandise?" Robin asked no one in particular. I frowned, also not knowing the answer. Not even sure I wanted to know, my chest still hurt.