Please dont go

(OMG! Now it's number one in batjokes! That's crazy lol, anyways here is the next chapter enjoy)

POV by Bruce:

The car ride home was awkward and I didn't understand why. Alfred was driving us back to the manor, Richard sat next to me and Barbara. He was just looking outside the window happily.

Barbara was silently staring at me, when I would look back at her she would look away. I tilted my head at this, then just decided to ignore it.

Finally, we got home and Richard quickly went to his room. I was about to head up to mine when a hand stopped me. It was Barbara, Alfred had already went to cleaning. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked me to which I turned to her and nodded.

"Sure, what's up?" I ask her, walking into the kitchen with her next to me. "It's about jack..." "I'm sorry but he's not who you think he is, Bruce" she said looking at me with sympathy. My eyes widened, I started to sweat.

"Oh? What do you mean?" I asked her, super scared of what she might say. "I saw him after the performance, not just him but also chara" "you know the shapeshifter?" She told me, I nodded, taking a big gulp.

"Yeah, I remember chara" I said nervously, she sighed softly. "Yeah, he was with them and...jack is actually the joker" she said looking at me, scared of my response. I laughed, "what?! That's crazy-" I said chuckling uncomfortably.

She then looked at me for a minute, her brow furrowing. "You knew!" She exclaimed pointing at me. I sighed in relief of no longer having to keep this up. "Yeah...it was my plan to have him pretend to be someone else" I told her simply.

"Wait...he knows your identity?!" She exclaimed angrily and surprised. "Uh...yeah?" I said awkwardly. "Why did you tell him?!" She frantically asked me. "I didn't tell him, he found out when he went in my room" I told her, crossing my arms.

"HE WAS IN THE MANOR?!" She exclaimed even louder, Richard must have heard the yelling because he came running into the room. "What's going on?!" He asked looking at us. I turned to him and pat his head. "It's okay buddy...she uh- found out" I said awkwardly looking over at her and then back at him.

His eyes widened in surprise, "what now?" He asked quietly. "Good question...hmmm how about we knock her out and maybe she'll forget this ever happened?" I suggested lowering my voice as well. "I heard that!" She yelled, pointing at me.

I smiled and shook my head. "She didn't hear me, there is no way she can know what's happening in my super mind.." I whispered over to Robin. She glared at me, "seriously? 'Super mind' again?" She asked me annoyed.

I turned back over to her, a shocked look on my face. Richard stood in front of me. "What's wrong with joker? Why can't dad be with him?" He asked her curiously. "Uh, I don't know maybe because he's the most wanted man in Gotham city?!" She exclaimed angrily.

"So? They have been making it work for the past few weeks! Joker hasn't even committed any crimes in a while" he said defending me. I crossed my arms again and nodded. "He's still a criminal! Even if he hasn't committed any crime in a minute, knowing him I'm sure that would change" she said crossing her arms as well.

"If he is then we will stop him! Like we always do, nothing has changed" Richard said proudly. "EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED!" She yelled angrily, the whole room shook with how loud she was. She glared at me, looking past Richard. "You have changed, Batman" "the Batman I know wouldn't let this happen" she said frowning at me.

I frowned back, looking at her sadly. 'Shoot...maybe I'm the one to blame for all this' 'if I just focused on my job, my mission' 'none of this would have happened..' 'I'm sorry Barbara, I'm sorry joker' I thought looking down at the floor sadly.