fifteen

• N a y a •

After today I knew I was playing with fire, but I didn't care.

First at the rugby game and then again at the grocery shop? It had been hours and all I could think about was how soft Ember's lips felt and how cute she looked when she was flustered. A part of me was angry at myself for losing control and most probably overwhelming her, touching her without permission but I had a weak moment and I found myself acting without thinking. All I knew was that I could never allow it to happen again. Those few seconds would just have to last me a lifetime, a decision I knew was for the best, and yet I still found myself on the edge of my metaphorical seat, waiting for Ember and Naomi to come down.

"Naya, are we taking this shot or not? You need something to relax." Gabe grinned, waving a shot glass of gold liquid in my face and I scrunched my nose at the smell of tequila.

People had barely started to arrive and Gabe was already trying to get me drunk, forgetting I did not have the muscle mass he did, and at the rate he was going I was going to be drunk before we even hit a bar.

"If I say yes will you stop forcing me to drink until people actually get here?" I asked, my eyebrow cocked.

"Only if you take this one with me." He grinned, handing me the shot glass and a piece of pineapple and Tabasco before we cheered to money, girls and good health.

"One more!" Gabe cheered as we slammed down our shot glasses and I shook my head.

"We had a deal!" I replied, my lips still tasting like spicy pineapple and my throat burning as I leaned closer to him. "Are you wearing cologne?" I frowned in confusion since it wasn't like him and he shrugged suspiciously.

"Can't I want to smell nice?" He rolled his eyes. "Besides, I have to keep up with you." He said gesturing to me and it was my turn to roll my eyes.

Gabe was referring to my outfit for the night. I had put in a little more effort than what was required as I wore white sneakers, black cargo pants, a white tank top and a black and white checkered shirt. My hair was in its standard low bun and I made sure to do my eyebrows and just a little mascara, wanting to look my best for a girl who probably didn't notice me.

"Hey! I can look good if I want to." I shrugged defensively as he sighed.

"We're supposed to be having fun, not a fashion show." He rolled his eyes, refilling our shot glasses and my stomach turned, thankfully I was saved by an angel.

"Hey, save some for the rest of us," Naomi called as she walked into the kitchen. She had changed out of the sweats she arrived in and was now dressed in a low-cut, bright orange dress and stylish white sneakers. She accessorised with gold jewellery and gems around her smokey eyes as she wore a long, sleek black wig.

"You can have mine, I'm done with him." I shook my head, pushing my shot glass over to her and she winked at me before she quickly threw back the shot, shaking her head as she put the glass down.

It was pretty hot, I was guessing Gabe had noticed too since hadn't taken his eyes off of her and suddenly the out-of-character cologne made sense.

"Naomi! I can't believe you just left me alone to talk to that guy, he kept trying to convince me to join his pyramid scheme." Ember complained as she walked into the kitchen and as soon as I saw her my mouth went dry.

Ember was wearing a dark green corset top with thin strap sleeves that accentuated her cleavage while a short black skirt with a small slit hugged her curves tightly, putting those long legs of hers on display as they ended in white socks and black Docs. Her hair was pulled into a half-up-half-down style as sharp black wings and thick lashes highlighted her eyes, while silver earrings matched her septum. The longer I looked the more tongue-tied I grew and I suddenly found myself wishing I had taken that earlier shot with Gabe.