twenty-two

• E m b e r •

So kiss me.

It took a few seconds for her words to register in my mind. I couldn't believe Naya would even suggest it, for a minute I thought she was joking but as I admired her face with her closed eyes and a gentle smile, I had the cold realisation that she wasn't.

The thought of kissing Naya again filled me with fear and excitement, my heart beat faster just at the idea. I was terrified I was going to embarrass myself, especially since I didn't have a buzz to blame if I was bad at it again, but at the same time, I was dying to feel her lips on mine again.

She also had her hair down which wasn't helping me say no, she was an embodiment of an angel and I was only human. So I took a small breath in as I reassured myself that Naya wouldn't laugh at me, Naya was good- Naya was safe- and with a little bit of courage, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers.

The first time we kissed Naya went slow, she eased me into it, but this kiss was different- this kiss was better. This kiss was slower, deeper than before. Naya's hand went to cradle my neck as our lips moved together, her tongue running across my lips as a hum escaped my throat at the sensation. This only urged her on as one hand pulled me closer while the other fell on my thigh as she leaned over the centre console, occasionally teasing my lips with her tongue but not giving more.

My mind turned to mush, and the only thing I could focus on was her- her tongue, her lips, her hands...

God, she was good at this.

I moaned into her mouth as my hands found their way into her hair, pulling her closer to me while hers inched up my inner thigh, her fingertips gently caressing my burning skin, slipping under my skirt. My breath turned shallow as Naya's lips left mine and by the time I was able to open my heavy eyelids, her lips were on my neck, peppering wet kisses before shivers ran up my spine as her teeth gently grazed my skin. Naya sent shockwaves through my body as the lower muscles in my stomach clenched, my eyes fluttering closed as she abandoned my neck to come back to my lips, using my delirious state to slip her tongue into the kiss.

I was becoming deliciously overwhelmed and dizzy as her tongue slowly assaulted mine, I didn't even know if what I was doing was right but I didn't care, it felt good and judging by the moan that came from Naya I guessed I had some idea. My thighs squeezed together as Naya pulled away, gently tugging on my lower lip with her teeth as she smiled, pulling me forward until the handbrake pressed into me, before she kissed me again, pushing into me as my arms wrapped around her neck.

I didn't have to drink, I could just get drunk off kissing Naya. I was addicted and didn't ever want to stop but the sudden squawk of a seagull brought me back to reality where I remembered she wasn't mine and I was supposed to be going on a date that evening- so I pulled away.

With a fast heartbeat and soft pants, my eyes shot open, looking directly at Naya. With slightly messy hair, flushed cheeks and swollen lips- she still managed to look so good, even more so when I realised that I was the one to affect her like that. I just didn't want to imagine what I looked like in comparison.

There was a soft twinkle in her eyes and a small smile on her lips as she laughed, infecting me with laughter as I sat back and buckled up. I was pretty sure I was blushing bright red, as my fingers traced my lips. It was a little awkward as we caught our breaths, neither one of us speaking as my mind raced. I had no idea such intensity could exist, I was burning from the inside with a need I didn't know how to vocalise.

"See, you're not a bad kisser, like at all," Naya said, clearing her throat as I covered my face out of embarrassment.

"Thanks, you're not bad either." I wheezed, still in disbelief and embarrassed at our conversation but Naya seemed amused.