4 - Minion continued

"Prisoner." You answer.

"Me too. Have they told you anything?" The voice asks.

"No."

"Yeah, me neither. Um, do you mind if I sit next to you?" They stutter.

"Go ahead."

As you finish your sentence the person scoots towards you, following the direction of your voice. "Where are you?"

"Over here." You reply. The person gets closer to you. Reaching out with their hand, you can feel their fingers on your arm.

"That's me." You reply.

"Okay! Um, what's your name?" They ask.

"Minion."

"Minion? That your prison name?"

"Kind of."

"Mine's Rabbit. Except it's not a prison name, I just prefer it over my actual name."

You both get acquainted. A bit of small talk about each others' lives. You learn that Rabbit was jailed for shoplifting and that he lives in the same town as you, but in a different neighborhood. He also tells you that he lives with his brother and sister in law along with their three children, expressing concern about their whereabouts. Well, technically he's his sworn brother but Rabbit tells you he just likes calling him his brother. You also learn that Rabbit is not in fact a young teenager, but twenty years of age.

"Hey," Rabbit suddenly inquires, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Does any of this seem fishy to you?".

The question makes you pause. Locked in the back of a military vehicle, no one's saying anything of what's going on and no one's telling you where you're going. "Yeah."

"Thank you! I thought it was just me! Well, it was until they brought you here. No one's here except us." He chuckles nervously.

"Look," He takes a deep breath, "They're clearly not taking us to a shelter, I mean for christ sakes they aren't telling us anything! If we were going somewhere safe, don't you think they would have told us to prevent panic?"

"Point?" You raise an eyebrow.

"I think that when we get out of here, we make a break for it! Like just haul ass."

...Are you hearing what you think you're hearing?

"Are you fucking insane?"

"I know it's crazy, man, I do! But what the fuck are we going to do, wait around and let them do whatever they want to us? What if we're better off surviving on our own? For all we know shit could be much worse there!"

You pause. The suggestion sounds fucking insane, I mean come on it's you two against hundreds if not thousands of armed guards all around wherever you're going. You don't even know if this kid is armed and you only have a shiv. If you stay you could be protected by the army. You could sleep safe tonight and have at least a somewhat consistent supply of food, water and medical assistance. Besides, maybe they know how to handle this mess. Maybe you can even find Kairo.

Yet he could be right, you don't know what's going on, you haven't been told a single thing about the situation in ANY capacity. And there could be hundreds of people just like you, and you know government buildings intimately enough to know that it's likely going to be overcrowded and violent. Considering what's going on, it could be much, much worse and you'd likely starve or not have access to other supplies. And you aren't too sure that in a crowded mess like that you could squeeze even a few inches and look for him.

Outside, you have a chance. You have freedom, and that means freedom to scavenge. That means you can go and find Kairo. Maybe he isn't there, you know him well enough that his stubborn ass would rather eat shit and die than submit himself to the same kind of hellhole he went through with prison, though you do question the possibility of his shrimp ass surviving even three minutes with nothing but the small toothbrush shank you gave him and his twig arms to wield it. Maybe he snuck or ran his way out to safety or something.

You only have a short time to choose before the soldiers arrive at the destination and open the door, separating you both.

7 ---> Hear Rabbit out
8 ---> Rabbit is fucking insane