14 - Leave the truck

You can't do it. You can't waste your time killing a monster that's already proven multiple times to be able to easily overpower and kill you if you tried just to search a truck that is likely devoid of any supplies. It still hasn't noticed you, you can slip away without any hassle. You do exactly that, quietly sneaking away behind the cars as the zombie preoccupies itself with pounding at the door.

⚠︎ !SKIP FROM THIS POINT ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CHILD DEATH! ⚠︎

Right as you sneak away, the sound of the door breaking open makes your stomach drop. The screams of the child that follow while you hear the sound of his guts getting strewn everywhere, hearing the zombie slurping it up as you hear the child shout something in a language you can't understand churns your stomach.

⚠︎ !SKIP UNTIL THIS POINT ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CHILD DEATH! ⚠︎

The guilt starts to get to you. You almost want to turn back round and try to rescue him somehow, even though you know by this point that the child is doomed. "I couldn't save him." You try to convince yourself. You couldn't. You just couldn't. You know you couldn't have saved him if you tried to, right...? Anything to convince yourself it wasn't a selfish decision.

You walk away with teary eyes and a clenched jaw,

You push your feelings of guilt aside to focus on what you need to do next.

Continue to 17 [COMING SOON]