9 - Armory

You decide that the best course of action is to get yourself some decent weapons. If this apocalypse is anything like the movies you've seen, you know that in order to get supples you'd have to fight for them. You turn left and crawl as fast as you can wthout making too much noise. You pass by more cell blocks and you can see all of the chaos that's unfolding right underneath you as you try to make it to the armory. You pass by the hallway close to the cafeteria, and you can almost swear you just saw... Elijah? No, that's definitely him! There's no one else you know with such a giant build! And for a moment you see his eyes, a distinct color of amber that all but confirms it's your better half. You try to knock on the floor of the vent, thinking that maybe you could signal to him that you're there and alive! But unfortunately, no such luck is found and the two are too busy trying to fight their way through the hordes of infected lunging at them to notice a bang. You did get the attention of a few stragglers separated from the horde, though. You quickly make your way to the other room before they somehow catch on to you, and you  continue making your long journey.

As you pass by the other rooms, you find soldiers inside the prison firing at anything that rushes towards them and making your ears kind of bleed from the loud, piercing noises of the guns. Something about the ease of the way that they're dealing with these things- Well, the way that they alreayd know exactly what they need to do, gives you a bad feeling. You shake that thought way, you don't have time to waste on conspiracy theories. You realize that this is the best opportunity to move faster among the chaos without getting spotted, so you move as fast as you can.

Once you get there you reposition yourself feet first and, as hard as you can, kick down the gate to force it open. It takes a bit to do so, but you manage and it drops down for you. You slide your legs out of the entrance and slowly shimmy your way down. Holding the edge of the opening, you slowly but surely try to let yourself down on the floor but sigh upon realizing it's as far as you're going to get down. You let go of the edge and the force in which your feet land on the floor bends your legs from the pain for a bit, and you have to bite your lip to keep yourself from cursing out loud in pain. But you suddenly get over it when you hear the banging of the infected on the door. Right, the weapons.

You quickly pick the lock of the locker, and throw it wide open. Shotguns, assault rifles, sniper rifles, this locker has plenty for you to make use of. But you don't have the space nor do you have the strength to take anything more than the magnum pistol that immediately took your attention. You see a small backpack, and you take two of the pistols, a sawed off shotgun and some ammunition for both of them.

You're about to try and find more supplies when you feel the ground rumbling... Suddenly the infected that were banging at your door disperse.

You don't know exactly what's going on, but you know you don't have enough time to try and reach the vent that you came back out from when you have nothing to stand on to try and reach it. Luckily for you, you see another vent that you quickly rush over to unscrew all the bolts on. Your hands tremble in a panic and you slip up a few times, your face sweating and your head spinning while your body screams at you to go! go! go!

You rip off the vent as soon as the screws are even remotely loose enough, and you hastily throw it to your side as you make it inside with the backpack. The rumbling gets even stronger and a roar echoes in your head. Clank! Goes the metal walls inside the armory, and even though you're 90% sure whatever is roaring like a lion has no idea you're even there, you still fearfully get as far from that room as you can. Relief fills you once you get far enough, and your pace slows down to conserve youe energy for when you get into another life threatening situation, which you're pretty sure is going to be the new norm.

You aimlessly crawl with all your might, but after a while of trying to feel your way through you've finally made it to a vent that leads outside.

Continue to 13