Morioh's coast: 2

Jotaro's pov

I head back to shore, with my crate full of abalones. I never got to thank that man/creature thing, if i ever see him again ill make sure to thank him. Although i dont think thats very likely.

I felt my tranquillity fade as i stepped off my boat onto the wretched land, its days like these where you just cant be bothered being around other human life, you want to relax by the sea away from the cruel world. I cant wait for the docks to quieten down, so i can just sit by the sea in peace.

I hop into my car, and make my way to Tonio's with my bag full of abalones in the boot. I try to drive slowly, not wanting them to break the bag. The crate wouldn't fit in my boot, and that poor woven bag is hanging on for dear life.

"Good to see you Jotaro." Tonio politely greets me at the door, i regard him and drop the bag of abalones next to the wall, they smell like shit. "I hope i didnt cause too much trouble for you, thank you very much for doing this Jotaro,  it means a lot." I nod and take my leave, but then halt remembering something very important. "Tonio, you cook a lot of fish right?"

"Well yes, why?"

"I came across something today, i thought you'd might know since you work with fish a lot?"

"Perhaps, tell me what it is?"

"Well while i was fishing for your abalones, something else got caught in my net. I didnt know what it was. I thought it was some kind of eel at first, turns out it was nothing like it. I dont exactly know how to explain this, it was a man but- well not exactly he had some kind of fish tail. You must think im mad." Tonio stared at me with an indescribable expression, i shouldn't have brought it up. Seeing as his response was taking a while, i decided to leave.

"No no, i know exactly what your on about." he says enthusiastically, i stop in my tracks again, turning round to face Tonio to give my full attention what he had to say.

"Let me tell you about the myths of the sea. Theres these creatures called mermaids, they have a human upper body and the tail of a fish. They are also referred to as sirens, and are mostly the cause of tragic events at sea. But they're not real, just myths. Are you sure you really saw one?" I had the same question as him, had i really seen one? Honestly im not sure, it feels like a false reality but i know for sure he existed. His body felt so real, and i can even bet theres still blood on my boat.

"Thats all i needed, thanks." I leave without saying another word, I know exactly what im going to do. Im going to go back to the shore, to investigate this further. These creatures called "mermaids" are myths eh? I think i can prove that to be wrong. Im sure what i saw was real, i just know it.

These mermaids are apparently the cause of tragic events at sea? definitely didnt seem that way when i received a load of abalones from that merman, so far they seem like nice creatures. Honestly though, i wouldnt blame them for drowning sailors, seeing that they've been polluting their home with oil and plastic, disturbing the peace with their ruddy boats.

I walk to the shore, leaving my car at Tonio's. Suppose the only reason i needed it was to transport the abalones, they could have easily weighed me x2. Im glad the sea isnt too far away, making it way more accessible. I specifically moved to Morioh to be closer to the ocean after all.

I arrive at the coast, its getting late now and all the fishermen are finishing up for the day. The sun slowly begins to set, commencing the end of the day. Times gone by quick, its starting to get dark. Maybe i should go home, maybe im fussing over nothing. Godamn it im Jotaro Kujo, i can fuss over whatever the fuck i want, Im gonna get on my lovely little boat and sail the night seas in order to find and research that merman.

I hop on my boat, and after all that debate in my head ive wasted more time. Its completely dark, the only light source being the moon. It reflects beautifully on the ocean waves just, strengthening my desire to go out into the sea. I start my engine and head out across the vast blue territory, I return to the place i originally sighted the merman. I took out a pair of binoculars and begin searching, but to no avail i see nothing but stars. I take a moment to think over, why am i doing this? Is it really just my marine interest, or am i just trying to prove myself?

I try to shake off my thoughts, im doing this solely for research. I wouldn't intend to play childish games with myself. I should be focusing on finding this merman, gosh the stars are beautiful tonight. They've never looked so bright, maybe its because of the ocean or the moon, but i cant help but feel sentimental. Its almost nostalgic, i haven't seen stars like this since i were a kid. (apart from the perfectly shaped one on my shoulder bozoss 😎)

Time skip brought to you by "made in heaven" :(

I check the time, clearly stated in on my phone is the numbers 3:00AM pixelated. I truly am sad, i came all the way out here for nothing. I should have known the likelihood of me seeing the merman again was 0%, I should have been in bed by now. Its going to get lighter, i should probably head home and sleep. I start my engine and head my way back to the shore.

Morioh's shore is a cliffside coast, making it a rocky beach people dont really like to visit. But a great place for fishing. Although it can be pretty unsafe with all the huge boulders in the water, a lot of fishers make it their workplace as theres plenty of fish here to catch. I guess they just really dont care, and neither do i.

And that's where i saw it. The creature i saw before, graciously resting himself on a rock carefully picking the sea weed off his luminous tail. On the rocks of Morioh's cliffside coast, There he was.

The creature ive been searching for is here, i cant believe my eyes.

.

A/N: second chapter, this is really satisfying to write. Now ive got an actual plot which i never follow in my other fanfics. Why didnt i do this before?