Tears: 13

Jotaro's pov

the office was quiet today, of course upon learning about the mermaid they're all investigating the waters where Noriaki was found, little do they know I have him here.

"What the hell is this place?!" Kakyoin snapped, "why do you have pictures of dead whales on the walls" I look over to the pictures he's talking about, I remember a few years ago researching whales and how their stomachs expanded with gas when they decompose. It was an interesting unit but also very heartbreaking. Im dragged out of my sentimentality by a hissing sound, it was Noriaki of course. I never knew he could hiss.

"You did this?" he gestures towards the pictures "No dont worry Noriaki, we help creatures like you, this was when we were studying whales." he nods unbothered to further enquire, he struggles his way up onto my chair, his tail hanging over the side of the armrest. "Where will i stay? i dont want to be out of water for too long, my skin gets all itchy and dry." he warns

i mentally note to myself to write these facts down at some point "Well i dont plan on going back home, for now ill get you a pool and once we know we are safe and no need to be on the run ill take you back to my house, i sit beside him perching on the edge of the desk.

"I remember Dio saying something about the police, what are police Jotaro?" he looks up at me with curiosity and a sweet toothy smile

But that sweet smile is a complete contrast as to what im feeling, i realised Dio said he was going to call the police, and if that does happen they have every right to arrest me. And if so they'll take Noriaki and most of all ill lose my job i worked so hard towards.

"Whats wrong Jotaro? you look worried." he asks raising himself up to my eye level, displaying his look of concern. "The police are people who will punish you for breaking the law, Today i broke the law via stealing you, and destruction property and by that i mean his fence." I explain, his face now matches my worry. "Are we going to get into trouble?" he panics.

"No, you wont get into trouble, but i will." i tell, patting his head. "But if they did catch me, they'd take you back for research, where u will potentially be killed where as i will be arrested."

"Im so sorry for causing all this, its my fault isnt it?"

"No no no no, Noriaki this is not your fault, its Dio's. He just cant keep his hands off the innocent." I reassure him, lifting him up off the chair and into my lap reclaiming my seat.

"Im scared Jotaro, whats going to happen to us?"

"Its going to be fine Noriaki, nothing is going to happen." i respond sincerely, he rests his head on my shoulder, breathing onto my neck. a pang of shock ran through me, but i remember how he wont understand the meaning of these kinds of interactions, for him this is probably friendly behaviour to him but where as humans would see this kind of affection to be a form of romance.

I wrote down all the things i learnt about Noriaki in my notes, while he contently watched me making sure to look and point at every letter i formed, trying to read the words. Luckily he couldnt, i feel its rude to write him down as such a "creature" although it is true. I personally wouldn't like it but then again i dont really give a shit what people think. Ive definitely become close with Noriaki, its embarrassing i communicate better with this fish rather than my own species, although hes just like the rest. Annoying and talkative. But for once i am enjoying company

Kakyoin's Pov

"How about we set up your pool now?" i lift me head up and see its obviously Jotaro who suggested that, rashes begin to form all over my body but i dont want to move just yet. I want to stay right here, on Jotaro. His body is so warm and his skin so soft, god why cant i be like this. His arms are so veiny but yet feel so silky, and his face represents a strong confident man but yet such a gentle heart.

"Noriaki your turning red, lets set up this pool before you turn into flakes." He affirmed pushing me off his lap, and onto the gritty carpet. I watched as he pulled out an inflatable pool from a drawer. "You just have that laying around?" i question, i know im merman but i definitely know for sure those petty pools are for kids, i see them all the time on the beach people using them as rafts for their fat lazy children who should have already learnt to swim by now.

He sighed dropping the inflatable on the floor and began blowing air into it, i watched in amazement as the crumpled pile of rubber began to expand. "This belonged to my daughter, Jolyne a few years back." he stopped to catch a breathe before continuing. "You have a daughter?" I ask in awe, i imagine a little girl that has similar features to Jotaro, although unsure if my depiction is accurate. "Yes, i havent been in contact with her for a while, I dont think she would ever want to see me again."

"Why is that?" i ask, dragging myself along the floor towards him, earning a graze from the carpet.

"I was so busy in my work, i hadnt the time to see her. Her mother and i had a divorce, and i tried to get over it by focusing on my career, which i made my first priority even though it should have been spending time with my daughter." his eyes became glossy and tears began to fill his vision but none did fall.

"Are you alright Jotaro!? Your crying!"

"oh, im crying am i? its okay Noriaki, i have you now dont i? and im glad."

I huddle closer to him, gently nudging his cheek as i wrap my tail around him in an attempt of comfort. I dont really know how to express affection or how to handle human emotion, but i just hope whatever it is im doing can help. I wish you knew how much i loved you Jotaro.