Finale: 18

Jotaro's pov

Memories of that day have been swirling around in my mind ever since it happened.

Sometimes I wish I never offered to help Tonio, I wish I never found Noriaki, I wish I never knew Dio, and I wish I didnt have to drag Josuke and Okuyasu into this.

After what happened we hid the remains of Dio and splashed water all over the pavement to spread out the blood to the point it wasn't even blood anymore, it just looked like a mere oil spill on the road, and as time went on the blood started to rot and turn brown making it even more believable.

Luckily the smell wasn't too bad and even so was always to be assumed by a car, the sewers, or the cafe, or even a dead animal transportation truck that goes past, either way all existence of Dio was gone and hidden. Swept away under the carpet. Dio had no family, just friends that were actually prostitutes.

I hear his one and only step-brother died at sea, and his biological parents as well as the non died. Nobody to trace Dio back to.

In a way I felt sorry for him, not really.

We are back at home, me and Noriaki also joined by Josuke and Okuyasu. It had been a while since anyone of us talked, Noriaki was faced towards a wall. Not once has he looked at us since the murder.

Okuyasu and Josuke were sat on the couch, expressionless with eyes comically wide. They huddled together under a blanket and stared into one direction, the wall where Noriaki was contemplating. I didn't think it was possible for them not to speak to each other for so long, especially being so close, and blatantly thinking of the same thing.

"Im sorry." the merman uttered.

Kakyoin's pov

I feel disgusting, I want to be like these humans, yet I do something like this. I'm not, i should have not given into temptation.

I look over at Jotaro, then to Josuke and Okuyasu. The 2 looked at each other expecting words, hesitantly Okuyasu spoke up "Its okay, he was the one killing you." he choked, red-faced.

He wasn't wrong but still, was there any need for me to go so far?

"People are starting to wonder where Dio is, down at the shore." Jotaro spoke, he looked tired. His eyes were bloodshot red, and the bags under his eyes seem to draw his head down. I felt sorry for him, I'm guilty, this is all my fault.

"So? Who actually cares." Josuke stood up and began to pace around the room. "Theres no sign of murder, unless you inspect the "oil" on the roads. And I doubt anyone will go that far." he said confidently, he walked over and wrapped an arm around me. Pulling me onto the couch He and Okuyasu are on.

"No need to worry." Okuyasu chimed in, with a stupid smile spread across his face.

"Was it right though?"

"Of course it was!" Josuke exclaimed "Although it could have been a lot less morbid, you did what you had to do. He deserved it, honestly glad that prick is dead, I still hold a grudge from when he jumped into our PRIVATE conversation."

I agreed, but I still couldn't help but feel bad.

"Could you 2 go to the other room, I want to talk to Kakyoin alone." Jotaro announced, sending the 2 teens off the couch, fleeing into the kitchen. I gulped as the large man approached, what does Jotaro think of all this?

"I think we should break up."

I imagined, the scene clearly played in my head as imaginary Jotaro would say that and leave and imaginary me does a shocked face like this ( *o* )

"I love you." he stated

"Huh?"

i didnt really expect that.

"I love you Noriaki, you are my best friend. I doubted everything about you, that you were just an animal, just a fish but your so much more." he continued "You have unique character and personality which I can somehow stand, We are alike, compatible."

Awkwardly smiling he wrapped his arm around me, I know he's trying to make an effort to show some affection and I appreciate it.

"So" I begin "This is the start of a peaceful life."

"I guess so."

Silence, but bearable.

Jotaro turned hesitantly and leaned in for a kiss. My body feels warm and cosy. This is something I again didn't expect, but I dont expect anything from Jotaro as long as he's here. I felt him press harder on my lips and that's when I knew this was going to escalate, I felt his tongue slip through my lips and I instantly flushed.

"AY DIOS MIO!!1!!1." the 2 screamed in sync interrupting the moment. I jumped out of my seat startled, while Jotaro stared in shock.

"I knew he liked fish but not that much." Okuyasu playfully bumped Josuke.

"EXPLAIN???"

Jotaro jumped to defend himself, but with a brisk slap of my tail I managed to stop him. And with that I just decided to be honest.

"We in love" I slyly chuckled

"Ok. I see that but, what."

Jotaro took his turn to speak, and began telling the 2 everything. And how we grew close and managed to let them on the gist of how our relationship is even possible.

"Wait, isn't this zoophilia?" Okuyasu pointed out, earning a glare from Jotaro. "No because he's half human, and I don't want to touch his fishy bits."

"WHY NOT?!?! you don't loveeee me Jotaro?!?!?" I sarcastically teased, although a little hurt. "No it's not like that, I do love you it's just I don't think it's safe or healthy for either of us."

"I feel sick thinking about it." Josuke swallowed, heading for the door. Forgot about these 2 in the mids of the absurd conversation. Luckily Oku joined Josuke, on their way out to god knows where.

"They didn't even say bye." I expectantly turned to Jotaro waiting for him to tell them off.

But he didn't. Instead, he wrapped his arms around me. And leaned in for another few thousand kisses.

Author's pov

And thank the lord this is where this story concludes, as much as your author cultofjuanism wants to fuck a merman, and write all about it in the form of Jotakak, he feels that would be incredibly hard and incredibly weird. Jotaro and Kakyoin lived their lives happily, saving each other from loneliness and past woes.

(butterflies enter the scene as the end credits begin to play)

credits: there are none, inspired by tons of mermaid fanfiction on ao3 + some doujinshis anddd the cover: Cover Art: https://www.pixiv.net/users/12980455
(Temporary???)

.

A/N:

Finally this is finished, it took a while but we got there. Towards the end i struggled to finish chapters I've been kinda depressed recently and i haven't had much luck with writing, i haven't been reading much either which is something i love to do and how i improve my writing.

Since I've been so illiterate lately I'm gonna do oneshots, rohan specifically so go check that out. I doubt ill be consistent but at least its not something i feel the need to finish and be consistent on, oneshots can go on forever and are easy and short, and simply free flowing.

I said id make a new kawoshin fanfic after this but i cant start a new project atm, i think ill have to wait till my spark comes back and ill start properly writing again