Merman on board: 3

(Shigechi if u couldn't tell)

Jotaro's Pov

I couldn't believe what i was seeing, hes here and hes real.

I try to get closer, but that's of course not very practical on a noisy boat. He notices me approaching, he refrains from picking the seaweed off his tail and instead just stares at me, probably  just as curious about me as i am about him.

After a while he starts In a panic, quickly splashing back down into the water, his tail gracefully but rapidly slithering down from the rock he was sat on, being the last part of him to get off the boulder "SHIT, HES GONE!" I start my engine towards the rock and start scanning the area, hes nowhere to be found.

I plop back down onto my seat in disappointment. I scared him off, and im supposed to be a marine biologist, I know i shouldn't have approached like that. I blame this ruddy boat and its shitty engine. But i suppose i cant complain, i was lucky to have caught another glimpse of him. A shame i couldn't have got a picture, but that probably would have just scared him off even more.

An idea came to mind, looking at a bucket of potential bait

I remember now, back at the laboratory i was doing some research on dolphins. And i was feeding them fish, so that would allow me too study their teeth while they were eating. I wonder if this merman eats fish, that would answer one of the many questions of my investigation. Not only that id be able to lure him.

Kakyoin's pov (FINALLY)

I swim to the very bottom of the ocean floor, he shouldn't be able to see me from down here. Unless hes got special eyesight, god forbid the human has special eye sight.

Why is he here again, I gave him his abalones why has he come back? I certainly hope he isnt trying to look for me. Maybe i shouldnt stay here anymore, theres been a lot more human activity going on here lately. And these humans certainly dont seem to be amateur hunters, they've taken half of the pissing population of fish. Ive not eaten for days, but i guess thats my fault since i did betray my laws by helping that human get abalones.

But abalones are shit, so technically im improving the beauty of the ocean by ridding those nasty thing and feeding the humans their sloppy shit, so im justified as a great person. People should be feeding ME.

An overwhelming scent spreads through the waters, the smell of blood. I look up to see a dead fish gently bobbing up and down on the surface, must have been dropped by one of those wretched fishers. It would be pretty risking going up to the surface for it, but im not sure if i can hold off any longer.

As i debate it, i begin to head up to the surface. Obviously not debating it that much, im probably going to die soon anyways so what would it matter.

I take the fish whole in my jaws, the hunger pangs slowly die out as i munch on my fish. The relief of it makes my eyes water, i dont think ive ever felt so happy.

YOINK! (realistically)

Suddenly im pulled out the water with miraculous force, the cold air hitting my face leaving me in a state of shock. It doesnt take me long to realise my surroundings, im back on that man's boat. I shouldn't have taken that fish.

Jotaro's pov

"FINALLY, I GOT YOU." I applaud myself yanking the disorientated fish onto my boat

I grab a hold of his tail, preventing him from escaping back into the sea. "GET THE HELL OFF OF ME." i receive a mighty slap from his fin, but thats not what matters right now.

"woah, you talk." i state in amazement

"Yeah, no shit."

I receive another blow from the fin, before he managed to get to the edge of the boat with his head down in the water. "OH NO YOU DONT!" I struggle to pull him back on board, as his monstrous tail rapidly slaps my face. I quickly grab the bucket of fish and shove his head in it, he begins to calm down now busy on the food Infront of him, i take the chance to drag him back onto the boat while hes not moving.

He completely ignores me, unbothered by the large man stood above him. "mmmm, this shit is bomb." He says mouth full of dead fish, absolutely wolfing it down

I quickly grab my notepad and sit down across from him, nows my chance to get some answers. "so uhm...." not really knowing what to ask i begin to doodle smiley faces on my paper, i had so many questions up until now. You always gotta forget the important questions when you have the chance to find some actual answers for them.

"So, uh are you a mammal? i see your breathing fine up here."

"if thats what you'd call it then yeah, i dunno." He turns back to his food not really interested in questions, its not the most appropriate answer i guess but its all i can get for now, ill just have to make do with it, he probably doesnt even know a lot about his own species assuming their technology isnt as advanced as ours.

"uhm, i dont want to seem greedy but do you have any more food? i havent eaten for a while." he asks shyly curling his tail around his body. "im a little embarrassed about it." his face now a sweet shade of pink.

A great idea came to mind

"Im sorry i dont have any on me right now, but i can take you back to my home and get you something there?" i offer, "your home?" the merman cautiously slides back, glaring at me, like hes suspicious of something. Hes just like a human with manners and similar values, but hes not human at all. "Im not going to hurt you, i just want to learn some more about your species if thats okay?" he hesitates before giving me a small nod and uncurling himself, taking up the deck with his large tail.

"Do you have a name by the way?" i Ask

"Kakyoin Noriaki, but you can call me Noriaki."

"Kujo Jotaro, and you can call me Jotaro, i hope we can work together."

I start the boat, heading back to the shore. Every now and again i check behind me to see what hes up to. Every time i look i see him staring right back at me, with hardly any emotion. I wonder what's going through his mind right now, perhaps ill find out.

"Jotaro, thank you." he smiles shyly.