Return: 7

Jotaro's pov

Im not sure why but ever since i released Noriaki, ive been spending a lot more time than i usually would at sea.

Maybe its that i really do want to see the merman again, although i do realise thats not right. Ill only put him in danger, species like him are rare its best to keep them away from humans. Although im a little disappointed i didnt get a lot answers from him, it would be unfair to drag him back out of my own curiosity.

"Good morning, Jojo!" the blonde prick greeted, carrying a load of nets. "Dio, i told you not to call me Jojo."

Dio is one of the many fishermen of this coast, I dont know him well but he will usually stop to make small talk and complain about the weather. I dont like him at all, he gets on my nerves. He thinks of himself above others, but thats just a common trait of the rich. It technically shouldn't even be his fortune, I heard that when he was a boy he was adopted by a rich family after his father died. He's never worked a day in his life, he just comes down to the docks to show off his collection of boats. He never actually goes out fishing, not that he'd need to with all the cash hes got.

"What's with the nets?" i ask only just noticing the mass of equipment in his arms. "What ever do you mean Jojo? Fishing of course, isnt that so obvious?" He remarks chucking all his stuff on board. I grit my teeth, twinging at the nickname. I glare at the man as he hops on his boat "Goodness, isnt this heat just unbearable? remember to wear sun cream Jojo, till then farewell!.

The boats engine begins, and before i know it Dio has finally set off elsewhere into the sun. Its not even that hot, i bet the guy probably thinks hes too good for the sun.

Well now its my turn, I hop onto my boat and head off into sea. The water reflects my boat as it passes through, upon a few hours of simply just sailing around i found myself back at a secluded part of the shore, only a sparse few boats and the area mostly surrounded by rock. The water was shallow, and the sea floor nervingly close to the bottom of my boat.

I cant help but get the feeling as though im being watched, i sit myself down and admire the plain boulders sitting still in the water. Trying to shake that feeling off i take out my encyclopedia and read up on some species im not too familiar with, although theres hardly any i dont know of. Apart from Merfolk.

time went by, me spending most of the day reading and viewing the sea. But i was still accompanied by an uneasy feeling, majority of the other boats have gone. Leaving a remaining few, but they seemed to change by the hour. Every time i look up id see a different boat, and the numbers of them becoming smaller and smaller.

It was up until a moment later id find out the source of this feeling. I was interrupted from my book by my own boat, gradually rocking side to side, rocking faster and faster. I dismissed it as the waves but then it got worser than anything normal waves. I quickly got up looking down into the water, seeing nothing.

The waves only seemed to surround my boat, the rest of the water looked still. Panicking i put on my life vest, not even attempting to drive away in fear ill just fuck up the currents even more. The rocking began to simmer down. A sigh of relief escaped my lips, and i began to search for the cause. Beneath the blue sheet of water was a small dot of red, unable to tell what it was i just assumed it as coral, until the red dot began rising closer to the surface.

"Hey, you came back! i missed you!" Lo and behold it was the redheaded Merman, now welcoming himself onto my boat.

"What are you doing here, I told you to stay away from the shore." I assert, secretly glad i got to meet him again.

"truth is ive been watching you for a while, ive been quite lonely." he admits struggling to climb up into my chair, attempting to curl up his tail then giving up as soon as he figures its too long for the chair. "I dont like to admit it but i have no friends, although i should see you as enemy i consider you as my friend, i guess that would make you the first then huh?."

I quickly scan up and down his tail, to add to my notes later while i had the chance. "Yare yare daze, your going to get killed here. I wont tell you again, get lost."

The merman displayed a look of shock, mouth wide open and everything. Startled he flares his tail in an act of intimidation. The sun reflects off of his scales illuminating a godly ray of light, I cant help but admire the placement of each scale and the flexibility of his tail. I wonder what the bone structure is like, i imagine it'd be like one of a snake.

"Dont be mad at me Noriaki, im the one keeping you safe. Im warning you its not safe around here."

"You dont think i can defend myself? I have a lot more experience than you human. I fight for each and every meal with up most effort, your food just appears on your counter. Im stronger than you human, I could easily slaughter every fisher at this coast.

I cringe listening to the merman ramble on, the way he uses the word "human" felt so dehumanizing. But of course he wouldnt know, hes just a fish. Hes not too far off from Dio, prideful scum. He doesnt even know what hes going on about, I could have just killed him there and then when i caught him in my net. But that goes against my morals, he doesnt really understand which species really has the upper hand.

having heard enough, i approach the creature and without hesitation and grabbing the end of his tail "STOP STOP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING AHHHHH." and with a splash hes back in the water. I quickly start the engine before he can take his revenge.

Arriving back at the shore, i see that all the boats are neatly lined up. Everyone finishing up for today, except one boat is missing. Dio's, what could Dio possibly still be doing out now? pfft probably showing off his boat to some chicks.

Heading back home the feeling returns to me, the feeling as though im being watched. I look back at the ocean, still as sparkly as ever. I could have sworn i saw something in the corner of my eye. I shake off the feeling and continue my journey home, he couldn't have followed me.

Author's pov

Little did Jotaro know, there was a merman tailing him. Noriaki watches from behind the rocks as his friend continues further onto land. Feeling dejected and alone he waits close by the shore, despite Jotaro's warnings. Hoping to find his friend at sea once again, he decides to stay near the coast for some time. Although theres not much prey at shore Noriaki is willing to starve himself to be able to fulfil his social needs.