happy new year.💌

I was about to get ready to go to the Sturniolos' house for a New Year's Party. Me and Chris decided that we were ready to tell everyone about our relationship. We had been dating for over 4 months now so we had figured everything out between us. Nick and Matt didn't know either, so I was slightly nervous about their reactions since they've been my best friends since elementary and it's a bit odd that I'm dating my best friends' brother. 

I put on a full-sleeved flowy silk dress that was baby-blue and went just above my knees. I put on a pair of gold hoop earrings, multiple rings on each finger, a couple of bracelets and a necklace that had an infinity sign on it that Chris had given me. I did my makeup vanilla girl style and put my hair into a high bun that was slightly loose. I put on a pair of Doc Martens and grabbed my purse and phone and then went outside. 

The Sturniolos' house isn't that far, so I just walked there and got there quite quickly. I knocked on the door and Nick opened it and pulled me into a hug, like he always does. 

"Hey y/n, how are you?" He asks me, letting go.

"Alright, you?" I ask him as we walk to the living room, where it was completely transformed into a dance floor and bar. 

"I'm good, d'you want a drink?" 

"Yeah, just a pepsi will do." He goes to get a pepsi and I find Alahna and Madi. 

"Oh my god, where've you been?! We've been waiting for ages!" Alahna squeals and they both hug me. 

"Sorry, I had forgotten about the party." I lie. The truth was, I was nervous about telling people about me and Chris being a thing. I knew I loved him and was ready to be in a relationship, I was just worried about everyone's reaction. Just as I thought that, Chris appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey Y/n, what's up?" He said, taking a sip of his root beer. 

"Nothing really." I say, avoiding eye-contact. 

"Oh hey Chris, how are you?" Madi says to him. 

"Mid, yourself?" He says, taking another sip and then putting his empty bottle on the table. 

"I'm good. Anyway-" Madi says and continues talking to Alahna. 

"Follow me." Chris whispers, loud enough so I can hear. I follow him out of the living room and to his bedroom. 

"You ready for this?" He asks me, holding my hand.

"I-well-um-yeah, i suppose so. We're gonna have to do it sooner or later so let's do it." I say nervously. 

"Okay, don't you worry though. Just follow my lead." He says, kissing my cheek and then takes me out of his bedroom. We go back to the dance floor and split up, talking to some people and occasionally dancing. 

"2 more minutes guys!" I hear Nick shout. We all go outside to the garden and wait in anticipation. We're all looking up at the sky, and then as the 10 second countdown starts, I feel Chris grab my hand. 

"10!"

"9!"

"8!"

"7!"

"6!"

"5!"

"4!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Happy New Year!" Everyone screams and as the fireworks start, Chris kisses me, in front of everyone. It was a soft kiss, but a loving one. When we move back and give each other a hug, everyone's cheering. We let go and Chris speaks to everyone. 

"This is gonna be cringey as hell, but here goes nothing. Me and Y/n have had feelings for each other for a long time, but were too scared to do anything. That is, until a few months ago. I asked her out and she said yes, and ever since then, we've been dating. I hope you all support us for this." He rants out, glancing at Matt and Nick every once in a while. Everyone starts hugging us, even Matt and Nick, then we go back inside and eat. 

Me, Chris, Matt and Nick were all sitting together after everybody had left.

"So you're not mad at us?" Chris asks them nervously.

"Obviously not. Y/n's my best friend and you're my brother. But lemme tell you one thing, if you hurt Y/n, you're gonna have me to answer to!" Nick says defensively to Chris and we all laugh. 

"As long as you're both happy with each other, then everyone's happy. But like Nick said, hurt Y/n and we're gonna have to scrap. She may be your girlfriend but she's like a sister to me." Matt says. 

We end the night with a game of Uno and then go to bed.