enemies.💌

I've had a crush on Chris for as long as I can remember. All of my friends know, including Matt and Nick, but luckily they haven't told him. Unfortunately, Chris hates me, like a lot. He always says things to piss me off, but not like friendly-annoying, it's more like bully-annoying. However, he never takes it too far, and I don't know why. Not that I want him to, but I'm just curious. 

I was over at the triplets' house in Matt's room, getting ready for our graduation prom. 

I got asked to prom by a boy called Spencer, and he seemed nice enough, so I said yes. Chris was going with a popular chick called Polina, who absolutely hated me. I was going to cancel it with Spencer after finding out Chris's date, but Matt and Nick said that I shouldn't let him ruin my night.

I was wearing a lilac-coloured, flowy dress, since tight-fitted dresses make me feel really insecure about myself. When I finished doing my makeup in the bathroom, I saw Matt waiting for me.

"You look great Y/n." I smile at him.

"Matt, you look amazing as well." Unfortunately, my voice cracks and Matt immediately realises how nervous I am. He stands up and takes my hands, rubbing little circles on them with his thumbs.

"Listen, it'll be fun. You can hang out with me if you want, it's not like I'm actually going to dance with Darcie. Okay?" He says gently, but I look down at the floor.

"I still don't think I should go."

"Listen to me Y/n. It's okay if Chris doesn't want to go with you. You don't need him, you have me, and Nick, and everyone else in our group. Don't let him ruin your night." Matt says, lifting my chin up and giving me a supportive smile. 

"Oh-okay." I sigh.

We all get in the car; me, Nick, Matt and Chris. 

"Yo, do you even have a date?" Chris asks me with a smirk. I stay quiet.

"Of course she fucking does!" Nick says, seeing how nervous I am. 

"Who is it then?" Chris turns around and looks at me. 

"Spencer. Spencer Hutchins." Chris bursts into laughter when I say this. 

"He's a fucking player, and you didn't realise! I'm not surprised though, you are quite an idiot."

"Chris, shut the fuck up, she's not." Matt retiliates. 

"To be honest, I don't even know why he would ask YOU to prom. You're not exactly, attractive." Chris keeps going, ignoring Matt.

"Chris, you can't say anything. You're going with Polina, the girl who blackmailed every guy she's dated." Nick said. 

"Mind your own shit Nick." Chris says, yawning and looking at his phone. 

When we get there, I see Madi and Nathan, so me, Matt and Nick go over to them. Chris sees Polina, who gives him a flirtatious kiss on the cheek. Nick catches me looking, and turns me around, trying to get my mind off of him. 

"Oh shit, it's Miss Myers, we better find our partners and get dancing." Nathan sighs when he sees the principal walk into the hall. I find Spencer, but see him making out with another girl. Even though I barely even know him, I still feel my eyes fill with tears. I leave the hall, hoping no one saw me. I go to the park nearby, where I first met the triplets. I sit down on a swing and cry, not caring how much I mess up my makeup. 

It had been about ten minutes, and I heard someone sit on a swing next to mine. I don't bother turning around to see who, but they eventually spoke. 

"Hey y/n." It was Chris. I was about to get up, but he spoke again.

"Don't worry, I won't say anything mean to you. I saw Spencer, and then I saw you leave, so I kinda connected the dots."

"Why don't you go dance with fucking Polina?" I sniff quietly.

"I don't like her. I like someone else, she was a placeholder since the person I wanted to go out with already had a date." He sighs.

"Oh yeah, who is it then?" I say, wanting him to leave more and more by the minute.

"You."

"W-what?" I say, thinking I must've misheard.

"You y/n. I've liked you for my whole fucking time knowing you, but I knew that you wouldn't like me, so I thought that I could get rid of my feelings by being mean, but that's not happening."

"I like you too Chris." I whisper, loud enough for him to hear. His hand reaches my chin, and turns my face to look at him, and then, he kisses me. It was quick and gentle, but loving. We spent the rest of the night in the park, dancing and talking together. 

GUYS GIMME REQUESTS PLEASEEEEE <3