4

Totally PLaTonIc Sleepover

You couldn't believe it, you'd successfully finished your first week as a teacher. Well, almost finish. . .you still had one more class before your weekend officially started. 1 more hour and you'd be officially finished with your first week. You couldn't remember the last time you were this excited about the weekend. But after five days of waking up before the sun, back-to-back classes, 45-minute lunch breaks, and noisy children; the two-day weekend seemed heavenly.

There were still ten minutes of lunch left, yet you'd already left the canteen and were making the long walk up the hundreds of stairs to the library in the Honor tower. You cursed yourself for choosing to hold your class here with each and  every step you took.

Students started to filter in one by one even before the bell, signaling the end of lunch and the start of the class, had rung. When all 21 of your Year 3 students had made it into the library you started class. Correcting the small assignment you'd given them earlier in the week before starting your lecture.

You were so deep into your lecture on protection spells that you didn't notice the new figure in the room. Her gold crown atop perfectly styled golden curls and gorgeous golden-yellow ball gown had yet to catch your attention but had managed to catch the attention of several of your students.

"Elnora, you're distracted." That was the fourth time you'd seen her look away in a matter of a few minutes. You understood that there were only a few minutes before the class finished and you even expected your students to be a little distracted. But they weren't just a little distracted; it was much worse than that. They seemed to giving their undivided attention to something maybe even someone else.

Turning around to see what the students had been fixated on, you were greeted by the blonde dean, who you'd hardly seen the last few days. Her warm brown eyes and even warmer smile were a sight for sore eyes.

"I'm sorry," you apologized, "I see our Dean of Good has graced us with her presence." You couldn't keep the smile off your face as you looked at Dovey.

"Hi, Professor Y/Ln, hi students." The blonde woman made her way to the front of the class beside you.

"I hope you've all enjoyed your first week at the School for Good and Evil." She addressed the class, talking to them about the upcoming balls and school festivals; all the while your attention remained firmly on her. Her smile, her eyes, and the way she gestured wildly with her hands as she spoke to the students. She was truly, breathtakingly, mindstopingly perfect.

Lost in everything Dovey, you didn't realize the dismissal bell rang until the students had cleared the room; leaving only Clarissa and yourself in the library.

"Y/n/n, I haven't seen you in forever. How was your first official week as a teacher? I hope your students were all respectful."

"It was amazing, everything fell into place quickly. I never thought I could like teaching so much. The only thing missing was you and Lady Lesso. I hope your week wasn't too hectic." After the Welcoming Ceremony, the deans had become all but a figment of your imagination; you hadn't seen them at all. Not even in the canteen during lunch or the hallways in between classes. They'd vanished.

"Sorry, Leo and I had a minor emergency to deal with, " Clarissa explained. "But I'm glad to hear you had a good first week otherwise."

"I hope everything's okay." You knew the women could take care of themselves, yet the thought of something terrible happening to either, worse both of them, still appeared and rocked you. Left your chest tight; your head all achy; your palms clammy. You'd only known them less than 2 weeks now and you couldn't imagine a life without their presence.

"Everything's taken care of," the blonde assured you.

There was something off as you both stood in the library observing each other. Dovey's eyes were missing their usual happy gloss; the one, they were currently sporting was fake. Her smile didn't reach her eyes quite like it usually did. Something was wrong. Whatever minor emergency they had wasn't as taken care of as she was trying to make it seem.

"If it wasn't you'd tell me?"

"If there was anything for you to worry your pretty head over, Lesso and I would be the first to let you know." That was far more believable than her earlier statement.

"Okay," you conceded; dropping the topic for now at least.

"Good. On a more positive note, I'm actually here to ask if you are free this weekend. Are you, free this weekend?"

"I should be, aside from a bit of planning for next week. Is there something you wanted me for?" You answered her question with a question of your own.

"Leo and I were wondering if you'd wanted to spend the weekend with us." Before you could even answer she continued, "totally platonically of course. We just wanted to hang out with you, and maybe even help you lesson plan. That's only if you want to come, of course."

"Of course, I want to come. I really missed you both these last few days, a weekend with you both sounds amazing."

"Perfect. I'll walk you back to your room so you can pack and then we can go over to mine."

After gathering what little you had, the two of you started your journey down the tower and to your room. It was a quiet one, not awkward but not a hundred percent comfortable either.

There was something tense in the air since Clarissa mention the word platonic.

You didn't know exactly what it was that you felt for the two women, but you knew it wasn't anywhere near platonic. And now you feared, you'd misread them.

And sweet, precious Clarissa; she feared she had taken away any chance of ever being something more than platonic with you. She feared she'd messed up, ruined her chance, and shut you down.

A/n
Okay, so that's the end of chapter 4. I hope you enjoyed it. I had a bit of writer's block these last few weeks.

All errors are my own. I have no beta reader.

If you enjoyed it leave a vote and a comment, please. (if you want to)

It's a few hours before Christmas where I am. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. Happy Holidays!!

Aurea🖤