5

Emotions are for Children

Luckily, whatever awkwardness that had lingered in the air between you two had dispersed itself by the time Dovey had opened the door to her room.

During the walk, you'd made up your mind to ignore whatever non-platonic feelings you had for your deans, during the weekend sleepover. While Clarissa had done the opposite, she'd decided that she was going to do everything in her power to let you know how her feelings for you were anything but platonic. Maybe even going as far as outright telling you, of course after talking to Leonora first. She'd seen how your face dropped when she said the word 'platonic' and Clarissa Dovey was prepared to do any and everything in her power to ensure that after this weekend you knew just how much you meant to her.

Walking into the blonde dean's apartment the first thing you noticed was the absence of the fiery redhead. You'd wrongfully assumed that Lady Lesso would've been here already. It was just you and Dovey, only the two of you; at least until the redhead showed up.

"Make yourself comfortable," the blonde gestured to the couch. "I'll go get us something to snack on."

She made her way into the kitchen as you made your way to sit. You'd chosen the grey armchair, its single seat was isolated enough from wherever the other women might choose to sit.

You weren't sitting for long when she returned, somehow managing to balance two mugs of tea and a plate full of sweets for you to share. She looked at your spot on the armchair and frowned, handing you over a cup of tea before moving to the seat closest to you.

You had no clue how long you both sat sipping on tea and nibbling on cookies before Lesso arrived interrupting the comfortable silence you and the blonde dean established. At first it was the soft sound of the key as she unlocked the door, then it was her. A welcomed interruption; her crazy red hair, rhythmic sound of her cane as she stepped closer, a strong scent so uniquely her and lastly her voice.

"Hi dove, hi y/n/n." There was no other way to describe it than mesmerizing. A simple greeting had you so. . .you knew no words to describe how you felt, but you knew it had absolutely nothing to do with platonic feelings.

Remembering your earlier promise to yourself, you sucked up whatever it was that you were feeling before returning the greeting.

"Hi Lady Lesso." She frowned at your formality. Her usual smirk had dropped and was quickly replaced with a look of confusion and concern.

"Is everything okay?" The redhead asked.

"I'm fine," you lied. You'd never been a particularly good liar, but you've been saying that lie so frequently lately that it almost sounded convincing. Almost. It was clear that neither of the women believed you, but they also chose not to dig further. Waiting for you to come to them yourself with whatever problem you had, like you had promised.

The deans shared a quick look before Leo-Lesso excused herself. She'd left, moving deeper into the blonde's home, leaving you and Dovey to quietly sip on your tea as you waited on her to come back.

"Aren't you two going to change?" The redheaded dean had returned. This time dressed far more casually than you'd ever seen her. Gone was her iconic grey suit, in its place was a white two piece lounge set, that looked soft to the touch. It wasn't what you'd imagined she'd wear, not that you spent a lot of time imagining what Lesso wore in the comfort of her home.

"We should change into something more comfortable before we get started on dinner," Dovey said.

At the mention of dinner your stomach did the unthinkable. It was loud and animalistic, causing two pairs of eyes to look at you.

"Don't worry y/n/n we're going to tame that beast." There was that nickname again. Leaving the blonde's lips, causing a flutter of butterflies to erupt in your stomach.

The sun hadn't even gone down yet and you'd already failed at ignoring whatever it was that you felt for the deans. A simple nickname, a quirky play on the name your mother had given you, had you abandoning the promise you made yourself.

"Y/n, let's go change. Leo we shouldn't be more than five minutes." Dovey took your hand, pulled you out of the armchair and led you deeper into her home. You barely got a glimpse of the hallway she led you down before you were being yanked into her room.

Much like the rest of her home, her bedroom was magnificent. Luxurious and functional. Light wooden panels give the interior a soft touch and sooth the impression of the dark grey walls that contrast the light ceiling and floor. A soft rug, a stunning chandelier directly above the bed, and bedside tables on either side of the grand bed.

The design of the bed inspired by the walls of French castles, the magnifique headboard made entirely of gold bars and leather. It was her goldilocks zone, perfect for how she was.

"You can change in here and I'll change in the closet," the blonde's voice broke you out of your reprieve.

Now it was just you in her room. Stripping your day dress. You stood very near naked in the middle of her room, only covered by your basically non-existent undergarments. If Dovey were to walk out her closet, she'd see you. All of you.

Sensing where your mind was headed, you stopped yourself and continued dressing. A soft pair of pale blue shorts and an even more comfortable vest. You weren't exactly dressed decently but who dressed decently after being forced to dress so formally for hours on end.

Dovey had yet to return from her closet. You felt a bit, who were you lying to, a lot, uncomfortable, standing in the middle of the blonde's room alone.

Luckily for you, you didn't have to wait too long. Dovey returned, her bare feet padding softly across the floorboards as she approached you.

A/n
And here is chapter 5. I hope you enjoyed it!

Sorry for all grammatical errors and the long wait, I had a different chapter drafted but ended up changing it last minute.

I'm hoping to get a more regular schedule for posting chapters. Either every Tuesday or Thursday, and if you're lucky both😉