9

Girlfriends?

You couldn't believe it.

Even an hour later as you sat in your last class of the day, watching the year 5s silently work on the assignment you gave them, your brain still couldn't wrap around what had happened in Leonora's office.

You were counting down the minutes until the final bell rang. Until you'd see the deans again.

The last 10 minutes were the worst. You had become fidgety as you constantly scanned the area for a glimpse of the redheaded dean. Luckily for you, the students had occupied themselves; they'd broken off into pairs and started working on their Unity project.

A few minutes before class was dismissed, you saw red in the corner of your eyes, and immediately whatever little willpower you had failed. Lady Lesso was close by.

"Okay class, I'd like to see a draft of your projects by Monday. I'm giving you all of tomorrow and the entire weekend to work on it. If you need any help I'm always available, within reasonable hours." You finished just in time; your last word came out only milliseconds before the bell rang.

Students immediately started leaving. Soon it was just you and two students; boys from either school; they'd been paired together to work on the Unity project.

"Princess-" you cut the shorter of the boys off. "Miss is fine," you corrected.

"Miss," the boy repeated. "Can you help us with this?" the boy asked, showing you a printed-out version of their project. You nodded, accepting their file.

As the boys explained the issue with their project, your mind couldn't help but wander back to the deans and your conversation with them earlier. You'd never been this distracted before; always a master at compartmentalizing but the deans had somehow managed to break your boxes and plague your thoughts.

You shook your head, a weak attempt at pushing your thoughts aside. You had work to do. Tuning into the boys' words as they voiced their problems.

"There's a book, Harmony, Syllabus of the Worlds. It goes into great detail on the steps. I'm not sure if it's in the library but I can loan you my copy." You offered the students.

"Yes please Miss," Marcus, the Everboy said.

"Perfect, I'll give it to you tomorrow."

The boys thanked you before leaving.

Hardly a minute had passed since the boys left your vision before you felt a presence behind you. You smelt the strong, powerful scent of her cologne and knew immediately who it was; the redheaded dean.

"How long were you watching me?" You asked. You'd yet to turn to face her, choosing to have her front flush with your back. A position you were slowly growing accustomed to being in around the redheaded dean.

"Long enough to notice how fidgety you get when you're anxious."

"I'm not anxious." It was a lie. You'd been anxious since the moment you left the deans after lunch. Anxious about many things; specifically things to do with your upcoming talk with the deans.

"Yeah?" The redhead started, "Then why haven't you turned to face me?"

"Maybe I like having you pressed up behind me." You didn't know where your confidence came from, but you liked it. And from what you could tell Lesso enjoyed the spark.

"Why don't I get us back to my office where we can continue this little conversation?" She questioned. Except it wasn't truly a question; the redhead woman had bent just enough to put her lips by your ear, almost kissing the shell of your ear with each word; leaving you no choice but to agree.