8

Confession

You may not have seen the deans for the last six days but they'd occupied your thoughts. There wasn't a day that had passed that they'd stray from your mind. But there was nothing that could compare to the rush you got being in the same room as them.

Dovey had forgone her usual gold and instead sported a floor-length ruby-red ball gown with a corset made entirely of lace and butterflies. Her usual light makeup had been switched with bold red lips and smokey eyes. The most beautiful part of her entire outfit might've been the crown, black diamonds, and rubies melded to form roses. Your eyes met hers and everything you'd spent the last few days ignoring had resurfaced.

The walls you'd built the last several days between you and the deans fell and with it your resolve. You crumbled; your eyes misted over, and your knees felt seconds away from giving out. The redhead must've noticed your unsteadiness because soon you felt her presence behind you, her body flush with yours; supporting you.

"Y/n/n." You weren't sure if it was her voice or her calling you but something snapped you out of your reverie. All of the comforts you got from being in her arms had vanished. Your skin prickled, and you couldn't put enough space between you both fast enough.

Lesso had pulled you back into her, only this time you were facing her. "Y/n," she spoke softly, "you can't keep lying to us." You couldn't see the blonde dean now that your back was to her but you heard the clacking sound of her heels as she crossed the room. Then you felt the warmth of her hand on your shoulder.

"Y/n, you have to tell us what's wrong. " The blonde's usually soft voice was firm, almost commanding you to open up.

"I-i can't." It's not that you didn't want to, because you did. You'd dreamt of opening up to the women; you'd fantasized about conversations in which you came clean to the deans and they returned your feelings but those were just fantasies.

"Y/n/n, there isn't anything you can't tell us." You heard the sincerity behind Lady Lessos' voice. Softly coaxing the truth out of you.

"I don't know how to say this," you began, feeling the weight of their expectant gazes on you. "I have feelings. Romantic feelings. For both of you." You finally confessed; feeling your cheeks flush with embarrassment.

For a moment there was silence as they processed your words. Then Dovey spoke, "Y/n, we've known for a while now. We've been waiting on you to make the first move."

You stepped out of their embrace and looked between the two women, surprised. "You... you knew?"

Lady Lesso chuckled, "of course we did. It wasn't hard to see." Clarissa nodded in agreement from her spot beside the redhead.

You couldn't believe the women knew how you felt, you honestly thought you'd done a good job of hiding your feelings.

"But what about school? As deans, you can't be involved with a teacher." You voiced your concern to the women, feeling guilty for putting them in such a position.

Dovey smiled, "Y/n, we'll figure it out together. We want to be with you, but we also want to make sure we handle this in a way that's appropriate and respectful to our position."

"And if anyone has a problem with us, they can take it up with me, in the doom room."

"Now come here. I want to enjoy the rest of the lunch hour with my two favorite people." Lady Lesso said pulling you and Clarissa over to the sofa.

You spent all of fifteen minutes with the deans, cuddled up on the sofa, planning out how you were going to make the relationship work before the weight of the day pulled you down(it also didn't help that you hadn't eaten anything since breakfast at 7 am which was almost 6 hours ago).

Sensing your growing exhaustion, Clarissa stood up, "Come on, let's get you something to eat. And then it's straight to class for the three of us."

Lesso stood up as well, taking your hand, "Come on, let's get some food in you." The two women led you down a series of corridors and into the dining hall.

There, you plated your food and took a seat with the deans. Not at the teachers' table but near enough to it.

As you all ate, you couldn't help but feel as though everyone was watching you, somehow aware of the conversation that happened not that long ago in Leonora's office. Yet, you were still comfortable sitting beside the deans, sharing a meal with them, talking with them.

Before you knew it lunch ended. The jarring sound of the warning bell cutting you off mid-sentence.

"Don't worry. There's plenty of time for us to talk later." Clarissa consoled.

"Exactly, there's all of tonight and we have the entire weekend." You blushed at Leonora's mention of spending time with them, mind going to something you wouldn't dare say aloud.

Leonora smirked at your reaction, "get your mind out of the gutter. We don't plan to have you beneath us just yet, little princess."

"Cut it out, Leo. You're just rilling her up." You sent Clarissa a smile for coming to your aid. "Now let's get you to class."

"It's okay, I can get to class just fine on my own." It's not that you didn't want the deans with you, you just needed a minute to yourself to regroup before you had to deal with the year 5s.

"Are you sure?"

You nodded, "I'll be okay."

Leonora looked at you, sensing to see if you were truly okay before agreeing. "I'll meet you after class."

You got up to leave the table. "At least let us kiss you goodbye before you leave."

A quick look around the dining hall and you turned back to them, the hall had emptied for the most part, with just a few stragglers remaining too caught up in their own business to care.

The women had moved over to you, one on either side. Simultaneously they bent to both plant a kiss on your cheek. Lesso's lips edged the corner of your lips, leaving you a blushing mess. Your unofficial official first kiss with the redheaded woman.

"Goodbye." You hightailed it out of the dining hall, leaving a smirking redhead and a confused blonde.

---
A/N
It's been a while. Sorry for the huge af gap, I was dealing with some stuff and I wasn't in a good place.
I'm back now and hopefully more regular with the updates.
I hope you enjoyed this.
All errors are my own.