Chapter 10

Author Note: I'm so sorry for the delay in my writing. I've been working full time with a bunch of back to back projects, but I have more stable hours and I will continue updating this book in my down time. Thank you all for the support and love! Without further ado, I hope you enjoy this chapter. <3

You have to kill someone. Take a human's life...

It was the one phrase that replayed over and over in my mind this past week since the trip to Bree's Bar. It made me realize that as much as I hated being a part of the supernatural and it's complicated factors, I couldn't deny who I was. It was one thing to accept that I was a witch but I'm also a werewolf? It made no sense to be a hybrid or half a hybrid since I haven't activated my werewolf side not until I killed someone. I hope it never comes down to that. My life or theirs...

I hated that it might come down to that. That no matter my feelings on becoming a werewolf- if it had to be me or them... It would be me unless somehow I managed to subdue them without killing them. Which would be ideal considering I don't want to murder anyone.

I needed to embrace the facts that I am no longer the same person I was months ago. I'm not just a girl who lost her parents, both adopted and biological, but a girl with supernatural abilities, whether be a witch or werewolf or I guess in my case more witch til I activated my curse. Or gift however I ended up feeling about it. I didn't really have time to adjust to my new realities. It was always one thing over another and the room never seems to stop spinning. Then there was that box sitting in my closet...

Tomorrow night was the night that Caleb was going to take me out of town to release the hay wired magic. Essentially breaking the cube that contained the magic but on my terms. Stopping the tea intake was dangerous, so Caleb had me do it gradually. Slowly stopping the tea to the point that I was able to practice Magic. Small spells that took next to zero concentration. The bigger ones required too much mental energy that I couldn't keep the spell up no matter what I channeled.

I sighed as I cooked dinner, contemplating the dangers of tomorrow. Would I make it through? Would I die?

"Hey," I heard a voice say, making me look up to see Damon at the entrance to the kitchen. I've gotten used to Damon appearing out of nowhere.

"You okay?" He asked me, his face void of emotion but I could see that he was concerned. Worried even.

"Yeah. I'm just contemplating whether or not to write letters in case I die trying to release my magic." I told him honestly as I stirred the veggie stir fry.

"You will make it. Or I'll find a way to bring you back and kill you myself."

I smiled at him, "Aww Damon! Aren't you sweet? How come you don't show this side of you?" I asked, my tone slightly sarcastic, changing the topic as I mentioned for him to slice the cooked chicken.

"I don't need anyone knowing I care. I care, I just don't feel the need to show it." He answered, grabbing the knife and cutting the chicken.

"Aren't I special?" I lightly smirked at him before continuing when I saw he was not amused. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone." I said, smiling as I divided the food into plates.

"When do you leave?" He asked me, facing me. I knew what he meant so I let out a soft sigh.

"Tomorrow. After school."

"I don't trust him." He inputted, not stopping to look at me.

"I know I barely do. There are still secrets he hasn't said but he's my only option. Either that or I die and take out everyone around me." I said, as I placed the plates on the counter and transferred the chicken onto the plates; dividing them equally.