Chapter Four

Ahhhh!! I woke up with a start as Caroline's scream filled my dream world. My heart was beating fast and sweat soaked my body as I sat up confused and startled. I don't remember dreaming anything but it seriously felt like I could feel that Caroline was in pain and afraid. I didn't like the feeling that seemed to embed itself into my bones so I grabbed my cell phone and sent Caroline a message, hoping that she was up. I hoped that I was just being paranoid and nothing was actually wrong. The voices, on the other hand, were a little too freaky and I was beginning to feel like I was going insane. The voice and now hearing Caroline's scream. I had to be going crazy. There was no other explanation.

I got ready as I waited for her to respond, Bonnie was picking Elena and I up. And I wasn't about to walk to school today. I was too tired mentally from whatever the hell is going on with me.

Sighing, I quickly took a cool shower before getting dressed in skinny jeans and a white v-neck shirt with a blue cardigan over. Bonnie arrived shortly after I finished my morning routine and we all headed to school. Elena and Bonnie were talking about Stefan but I mostly tuned them out. I had my own problem to deal with. Caroline was at the top of my mind as she had yet to text me back and the pit in my stomach hadn't gone away.

When we finally arrived at school, Elena and Bonnie were now arguing over Elena and Stefan dating and I was just along for the ride. I tried to make an escape but Elena held on to me, preventing me from leaving. Personally, I'm happy that Stefan and Elena were dating and I don't get why Elena cares that Bonnie wants her to slow down. I mean it's not like she was going to listen to her anyway.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow." Bonnie tried to conclude. They were seriously debating this the whole car ride to school. Since Elena spilled the beans about her and Stefan kissing and now Bonnie is like against the two of them.

"You were the one who said to go for it," Elena argued back.

"Now I'm saying take it slow," Bonnie tells her, not wanting to go into further details.

"Why the about-face?" Elena looks over at her

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field." Bonnie tells her trying to lie.

"Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not telling me?"

"It's stupid."

"Bonnie..spit it out," Elena tells her, stopping Bonnie.

"I accidentally touched Stefan and I got a really bad feeling."

"Is that it?" Elena teased which made Bonnie angry and she tried to walk away only for Elena to grab her arm and pull her back. "Bonnie."

"It was bad-bad!"

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?" Elena asked and I stopped trying to break free as I half-listened to this conversation.

"You know what, I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend." Bonnie tells her

"And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what, Stefan is a big part of that." Elena tells Bonnie which makes her give in. For me though, I was still lost. I wasn't sure what to feel and it's been several months. It made me want to look into my family history even more. I wanted to stop feeling so lost. I wanted to know my place and be sure of who I was.

"So Elena, just to clarify things now that you guys are an item. I can still hang out with Stefan without you right or you know in general?" I asked her, showing that I respected her space.