Chapter Seven

The air was thick with tension as I stared at her and she looked me up and down. She had a smirk plastered on her face. I tried to keep calm and not show any fear but any human would be scared if they were facing a newbie vampire.

"Vicki, uh what are you doing here?" I asked, pulling my lip into a friendly smile.

"I could ask you the same thing." She says in her snarky tone.

"I'm looking for Damon."

"Well he's not here, I don't know where he went and neither is Stefan just an FYI. He's out getting me food." She grinned, making my blood run cold.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'll just come back another time." I smiled as I turned to leave but she grabbed my arm pulling me back.

"No. You're going to stay here and you and I are going to have a little chat." She states, not giving me any chance to say no as she shoved me into a chair.

"Vicki, I can't sta-" she cuts me off, with a glare.

"You're afraid of me. I can't believe it. All this time, you've never been intimidated by me. You and Tyler always had this relationship that I never understood and he always chose you."

"Tyler and I were best friends. Past tense. He picked you and I was never an option. There was never anything for you to worry about. I'm nothing special and I just feel weird being in Damon's house when he isn't here." I tried to reason but it was like she was off in her own world.

She continued pacing around me. "Yes, I did because you were always who he went to if he was feeling moody. But, you know what, you're right. You're not special. Tyler lost me but I have someone else who actually sees me." she says, a huge grin on her face. I felt my blood drain from my face as I stared up at her. Her brown eyes cold as she stared me down.

"You don't mean-" she cuts me off, "Jeremy. He loves me and I think I can do the whole love thing with him."

I shot to my feet as I glared at her. "He is not someone you can see if you can love. It's either you know or you don't. He is not your toy!"

"Oh, is that supposed to scare me? I am better than you now. Stronger and out of this world." she says, her eyes getting dark and veins appeared under her eyes. Vampire!

She kicked the chair that was behind me, sending in crashing into a wall, making me flinch as I tried to step back without standing down.

"Am I not good enough to be a part of the great Gilbert family? Huh? How long have you and Elena been preparing that speech?" The force behind her words scared me as she and I stared at each other.

I knew no matter what I said she wouldn't listen to me. I don't think that she isn't good enough for Jeremy. I just don't believe she actually loves him. She's lost and is using Jeremy to repair whatever damage she has inside.

"Vicki, that's not what I meant-"

"The hell it isn't! You and her are so full of yourselves. Especially Elena, thinking she can string my brother around as she did and it would be okay! As for you, I'm going to make sure you aren't a problem anymore."

Wait, when and why did Elena become a part of this conversation?! 

As her words sank in my mind, my eyes widening in complete horror knowing that I was really in trouble. She walked closer like a predator about to eat her prey. Her eyes darkened once more as she bared her fangs.

Adrenaline flooded my veins as I tried to make a run for the door, I didn't get very far before I felt a hand on my shoulder and the next thing I felt was wind as I was thrown backward. My back hitting the floor while I slid to a stop. I was momentarily winded and dazed when I heard her growl. I slowly opened my eyes to see her above me. The pain that coursed through my body was drowned out by the pounding of my heart, as the fight for survival kicked in, running through my veins.