Washed Up

"Y-you could?!" Mipha gasped, hope filling the amber of her eyes.

The zora oracle nodded and proceeded to swim up towards her many rows of shelves. The one shelf she stopped at held a collection of stone tablets.

Etched into each one of them were words in an ancient zora tongue Mipha could only understand bits and pieces of.

"...In the form of a magic spell," she replied, as she grabbed one of the tablets and swam across the grotto to another row of shelves that held all kinds of ingredients.

"Princess, I assume your royal status has given you some sort of skill in public speaking, no?" She asked, as she grabbed a bottle of peculiar stones.

Mipha's breath hitched. Truth was, despite having spoken to hundreds of her kingdom's people in her lifetime, she was still painfully shy.

Nevertheless, she sucked it up and responded with a weak nod.

"Perfect! My plan should work then," the oracle said, grabbing a few more items in her store and swimming back down to them.

Using a mortar and pestle she conjured midwater; she combined all the gathered ingredients and crushed them up together until they were nothing but dust.

Sidon was completely starstruck watching this process and Mipha couldn't help but wonder how on earth the dust was able to stay in place considering they were all submerged underwater.

All of a sudden, the mix let out sharp crackling noises. Small yellow fireworks sprung forth from the mortar until all that was left was a fine golden powder.

"That should do it," the oracle murmured with a satisfied grin, turning to look up at the zora princess.

"Listen to me, Mipha, you are the gentlest zora I've had the pleasure of knowing. This spell will allow you to go up to the surface because I think you are capable of reasoning with the hylians," she explained.

Sidon let out a small squeak-like noise.

Mipha on the other hand was at a complete loss for words. Traveling to the surface? That was unheard of, not to mention against zora code.

Thankfully, it seemed the oracle sensed her apprehension.

"You likely think I'm insane, but I know you can do it. If you're worried about your father, Sidon and I will head to the domain immediately and explain everything to him," she said, swimming forth.

Her aged hands grabbed hold of the princess's and she looked into her eyes with a calm and collected stare.

"I understand you're scared, and you don't have to do this if you don't want to. However, I think that a direct, and not to mention peaceful, approach like this would truly help us all. War would be devastating," she explained.

Mipha could feel her little brother's grip on her hand growing stronger. Yet, the oracle did have a point.

Surely the fear of being in unknown territory outweighed the destruction of potential war.

Taking in a deep breath, the zora made her answer.

"So long as my father is informed that I'll be alright. I wouldn't want him worrying, much less sending troops after me," she shuddered at the thought.

The oracle nodded her jewel-covered head.

"Thank you, princess. You truly as the bravest of our people," she grinned.

As for Sidon, he'd watched the entire exchange with glistening eyes heavy with panic. Never before had he been without his sister, she'd practically been beside him since birth.