Place To Stay

"But...how?" Mipha asked, looping her thumb back through her bracelet again. "I can hardly stand, let alone move about..."

Revali put a wing on his hip, looking off in the distance where the coastal village could be seen. It hadn't been too far.

"Listen, I very rarely do this, but it'd be cruel to force you to swim back to town," the rito said, sighing lightly before kneeling down on the sand and spreading out his wings. "You can ride on my back."

The zora princess looked at him with great hesitance. She'd never been on land before, much less in the air.

"W-what if I fall?" She squeaked, causing Revali to let out yet another sigh, this one slightly less annoyed than the last.

"You won't if you hold on tight," he replied, his voice ditching its know-it-all tone, at least momentarily.

Silence filled the air between them as Mipha gauged whether or not to come near. By now her new knees were buckling underneath her and fear made her entire body shiver.

Nevertheless, she managed to recall the oracle's words. War would be devastating.

She took a step forward and caught herself before she fell forward while Revali watched her with curiosity.

Eventually, he got up and kneeled directly before her.

"Sorry, I just can't watch you nearly collapse to the ground every five seconds," he stated bluntly, spreading his wings open again.

Mipha thanked him as she slowly edged her way onto his back, each move she made clumsier than the last as she placed her hands onto his shoulders and shut her eyes.

Revali had to admit, she was surprisingly light. Which was good, he normally hated taking passengers; they were uncomfortable burdens.

"Apologies...I've never flown before," the princess admitted, as if that wasn't already painstakingly obvious.

Revali simply let out a hum of amusement.

"Never would've guessed," he remarked. "You're rather lucky, you know. I'm one of the most exceptional flyers in the village."

"R-Really?"

"Of course," he boasted on, pride dripping off every word. "I've even recently invented an arial technique that allows me to soar high up into the sky. It's quite the masterpiece if I do say so myself."

"Figured you could be a test audience, but you're about to tear out my feathers, so..."

Mipha hadn't even realized how tightly her hands were clamping onto him, he could probably feel her shaking too.

"Oh goodness, I'm so sorry, I-I'm just..." embarrassment staining her face red, "I would be willing to see this technique of yours, it sounds...quite impressive."

Mipha couldn't see it, but Revali allowed himself a mischievous smile.

"Very well then," he replied as the air around them began spiraling into wind, causing Mipha to let out another petrified squeak.

Seconds later, Revali had propelled them into the air at an unimaginable speed, and Mipha's firm grip on his shoulders paid off.

She thankfully, wasn't flung into the sea.

"Oh, it feels so good, doesn't it!" the rito cheered, to no response from his stunned passenger. "Very few can achieve a mastery of the sky."

The unfamiliar breeze that brushed against her face was surprisingly exhilarating. After gathering up the courage to look down below, she was met with the sight of the sea she called home.