King Dorephan's Fury

"Father, do you really think this will work?" Mipha asked, clutching onto her trident tightly.

Behind her was the entire zora army, each armored to the nines and carrying tridents and spears of their own. King Dorephan himself stood beside his daughter; his gaze fixated on the Yiga clan's ship.

"I'll make them pay if it's the last thing I do," he replied curtly.

Mipha had already noticed how the water around them seemed to be growing unsteadier by the minute, no doubt the work of the king's anger.

The zora guards her father had sent up to the surface as scouts were beginning to swim back down, bringing news.

"Your majesty, I believe we are ready to begin our attack," one of them spoke up, bowing to him.

Dorephan nodded his giant head. "Excellent," he answered, grabbing hold of his own, giant trident.

Meanwhile, up on deck, the pirates' jovial celebration was starting to flicker. It took a few yiga rushing to the side of the ship and throwing up over the railing for Kogha to realize something was afoot.

"Sooga!" the captain hollered, causing his second-in-command to hit a faulty, sharp note on his fiddle.

Nevertheless, the burly pirate made his way over to the captain, who'd grabbed hold of a nearby door handle.

"Yes, sir?" he asked, tucking his instrument and bow under his arm.

"Is it just me or...is the ship rocking?" Kogha asked, scratching the back of his head.

Sooga looked at the ocean waves, they did in fact appear a little more restless than usual. He looked up at the sky, taking note of the darkening clouds above them.

"Well, captain, those look like storm clouds to me..." he mused, pointing up at them.

Kogha gaped at the sky, letting out a perplexed "Huh?!"

"Where did those even come from! It's been sunny all day!" The pirate captain groaned, looking around as his men continued to dance and sing.

The celebration was swiftly interrupted by the crack of an exceptionally loud thunderbolt off in the distance. It's white-hot silhouette almost appeared vein-like against the darkening sky.

The pirates almost immediately stopped, but it seemed as if Kogha wasn't finished.

"Oh, for the love of Hylia, you scoundrels, it's only a little thunder and-!"

The captain's sentence was cut off when he saw the giant, menacing figure of King Dorephan rising from the tumultuous waves.

All the pirates were utterly speechless, watching as even more zora soldiers appeared out of the water, surrounding the ship.

Revali and Zelda watched in awe as well.

Good heaven, please don't let me vomit right now, the disoriented princess thought to herself.

"Wait a minute, there's Mipha!" Revali exclaimed in a hushed tone, pointing out onto the waters where Mipha had surfaced beside her father. She looked incredibly tiny compared to him.

Intense feelings welled up in the rito's chest. One of amazement and one of absolute pride for her accomplishment. To think she singlehandedly managed to convince her father to bring the entire zora army.

"That's...astounding..." Zelda murmured, still trying her hardest to resist puking out her insides.

"Come, we ought to get off this ship. Hylia only knows what the zora are planning," Revali said, once he'd snapped out of his brief daze.