Moonlight

None of them slept soundly that night. 

Well, at least not Mipha and Revali. 

The zora princess had laid in bed with her eyes wide open, listening to Revali coming to rummage through the living room every once in a while.

She couldn't blame him, although it was like Daruk had said. The Great Gray was just a rumor.

They'd probably ran a little too far into some poor shark's territory. Yes, that was probably all.

Then, to Mipha's surprise, she heard the backyard door opening.

What in Hylia's good name could he be doing at this hour? She could only think to herself.

Having been stuck lying wide awake for who knows how many hours at that point, the princess supposed it wouldn't hurt to see what was going on.

She tossed her blanket aside, and sat up, noticing that there was now a whizzing noise that fired every few seconds. All of it was coming from outside.

She slid off the mattress and slowly made her way over to the door, turned the knob, and quietly padded through the living room, immediately noticing the moonlight that spilled into the room via the open door.

Now, she could better hear the whizzing noises, and this time, they were met with a puncturing sound and the occasional strained grunt.

Her curiosity got the better of her and she meandered over to the doorway and instantly caught sight of Revali.

He was standing in front of a target that stood on the opposite side of the garden. In his hand was a great eagle bow and in the other an arrow.

She watched as he positioned the arrow onto the string and pulled back tight, his concentration completely fixated in on the target.

For a moment it seemed the whole world had gone silent, and Mipha found herself holding her breath.

However, the tranquility was abruptly broken by the shriek of a crow, perching on the fence.

Unfortunately, Revali had chosen that exact moment to let loose the arrow, and the caw made him jump.

The arrow flimsily soared through the air and hit the grass just beneath the target.

The bird was spooked and quickly flew away, its caws filling the air.

Revali looked up at where the crow had flown away, letting out an agitated sigh. He gently turned his head to place a wing against his cheek.

In doing so, he flinched again at seeing the zora princess standing in the doorway.

"Good grief," he said, letting out yet another sigh, this one only slightly less aggravated.

Mipha began to panic slightly. "Oh, goodness, I-I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to pry..." she apologized.

Thankfully, it seemed Revali wasn't all that annoyed, likely because it was so late and both of them were painfully tired.

"No, no... it's alright," he said, resuming rubbing his cheek. "I couldn't sleep either."

Mipha nodded, "You were...exceptionally brave out there on the water; and selfless too," she said.