Over The Waves

The walk back home was difficult to describe. It was a mix of emotions, in all honesty.

Between the time they had entered the palace and their exit, an exceptionally strong wind had begun to pick up outside.

Other than that, Riju, Teba, and Yunobo had accepted the news surprisingly well, and the conversation on the way home was a pleasant one.

Mipha got to tell them all about royal life while they listened intently and asked her all sorts of questions.

Weirdly enough, Revali had strayed behind from the group. He walked near the back the whole way.

Once they arrived back at the village, it was time for everybody to go their separate ways. Riju and Yunobo took off down one of the cobblestone streets and Teba could fly his way home, leaving Mipha alone with the only remaining rito.

"Goodnight! And be careful!" She called after Teba, watching him drift through the sky off towards the distance.

The only sound that followed afterwards was the rushing of the wind, which now sounded like it was getting progressively louder.

In Mipha's peripheral view, Revali could be seen looking out at the sea, which much like the sky was also restless. They were standing on the makeshift bridge the townspeople had created that connected the mainland to the village itself.

She snuck a glance at him. His expression was difficult to decipher.

"I sure hope Teba's alright on his flight home, what with this storm and all..." the zora princess mused, anxious to fill the silence between them.

"You could've told me before y'know..." Revali replied, his gaze still locked on the sea.

His words made her tense up, rather unsure of what to say.

Sensing her apprehension, the rito turned around to look at her, pushing back an obnoxious braid that blew in front of his face.

However, he didn't seem angry. He sort of just stood there with a somewhat perplexed look on his face.

"You're not upset, are you?" Mipha asked tentatively, causing Revali to scoff.

"Upset? No; what do you take me for? I'm more confused to be frank," he replied, crossing his wings in front of his chest.

Mipha let out a tiny sigh.

"To answer your question, I'm not too sure why I didn't say anything myself. Perhaps I just never got around it," she admitted, which was more or less the truth.

Everything had happened so fast that such a key fact about herself had gone unacknowledged.

By now the wind had grown even stronger, as if it had decided it wasn't being bothersome enough.

"Mipha, don't think I'm angry with you. As a matter of fact, I'm rather hopeful for the future. You and the princess might have a shot at setting this whole disaster straight," he said, looking back out at the ocean.

"Now we best get back to my place before this storm gets any worse."

He spread his wings, prompting Mipha to speak up again.

"You're not thinking of having us fly back, are you?" She asked worriedly. "We can always walk, it's a lot safer."

However, before he could pay her mind, he was up in the air, hovering a couple feet above her.

"If Teba can do it, so can I. It's completely fine, we don't have to-"

Out of nowhere, the most horrendously powerful gust of wind struck them, and unfortunately, it caught the poor rito completely off-guard.