One Last Hope

Mipha had been swimming for a good while and worry had begun to creep in.

The sun was already beginning to go down, and if darkness fell, things could get significantly more difficult.

The deep blue waters grew deeper the more light disappeared, and she had yet to spot any ships.

That was until, off in the distance, Mipha spotted the silhouette of large masts contrasting against the orange sky.

Now all she had to do was pray it was the Yiga's boat.

She swam over, making sure to keep a low profile, and ducking under the cover of waves every now and then.

Once they came into view, she could see that the massive white masts held the Yiga's highly ominous emblem. The bright red eye with the teardrop pointed upwards.

"Great," Mipha sighed to herself, "now how do I get on board."

As she analyzed the railings of the ship, she recalled a game that she often played with Sidon.

Whenever they'd go off to hunt for fish, they'd often challenge themselves to see who could jump the highest out of the water.

Sure, she could very easily leap higher than her younger brother, but she'd always let him win.

The zora swam forward until she was directly at the side of the ship, gauging how high she'd have to make her jump if she were to do this.

Her heart began racing again.

What if there were pirates on board? What if she made too much noise and attracted their attention? Where were they even keeping Zelda?

"No matter, I'm doing it..." Mipha told herself, taking a deep breath before diving underwater.

She swam downward a good distance and prepared to propel herself up.

It sort of helped to picture Revali, what position did he take when performing his gale?

Pretty soon, she was swimming as fast as her legs could push her, it was different to having a tail, that was for sure.

The water above her grew clearer and clearer until finally, she broke through the surface and was met with the salty sea air.

She made it up to the railing of the pirate ship before she began to fall back down into the water, unbeknownst to the Yiga that guarded one of the ship's doors.

"Why couldn't we have gone to the mainland with the rest of them? Why are we stuck here babysitting the princess, Rindo?!" One of them grumbled, crossing his arms.

The second Yiga sighed. "Oh, stop your complaining, I'm the one stuck with you all night."

Rindo let out a fairly dramatic gasp.

"How dare you-!"

There was the sound of a splash. Not an awfully loud one, but it was noticeable for sure, and enough to get the yiga to stop their pointless arguing for a moment.

"...that better not have been a supply crate, Kade," Rindo mused, somewhat worriedly.

"That splash was far too quiet to have been a crate," Kade huffed. "It's probably a lone dolphin of some kind, and-"

There was yet another splash, this one somewhat louder than the last.

The second Mipha made it back under the water, she sighed.

"I'm really going to blow my cover at this rate," she thought to herself.

Back on board, the Yiga were properly confused now.