Chapter thirty seven: off the stage

••Dylan's pov••

We all walked on stage and Bart handed each one of us a mic.

"Ok do whatever you want, just don't break anything." He smiled but it was more of a nervous smile. I laughed at his face.

The boys all started saying random things into the mic. Carter started to scream 'püma' while Taylor started to say mushed up words. Cameron started to sing 'the Cameron Dallas song' way off pitch. Shawn just hummed into the mic. Nash would just say '1...2...3' while the jacks would sing and Hayes just hit the mic making a sound echo through the room.

I walked to lox and saw her switching switches.

"Hey can we practice? I think I want to sing today." I said quickly

"Yeah sure what song?" She began to tap her computer and whipped her hair to the side.

"Ummm can you put on...we don't have to take our clothes off by Ella eyre the whipped cream remix?" I grabbed the mic and turned it on.

Mahogany began to type things in and soon the music filled the room.

"Ok guys! Everyone off stage. Me and Dylan have a surprise. So gooo.." she yelled into the mic. The boys set the mics down and left.

Mahogany and I played with the music finding the right one and the volume and the beats. After a while we got the song how we wanted it.

I ran my fingers through my hair and began to sway to the music.

"Not a word, from your lips.
You just took for granted that I wanted to skinny dip.

A quick hit, that's your game.
But I'm not a price of meat, stimulate my brain.

The night is young, so are we.
Let's get to know each other slow and easily.
Take my hand, lets hit the floor.
Shake our bodies to the music, maybe then you'll score.

So come on baby won't you show some class

Why do you have to move so fast?

We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time. Oh no.

We could dance and party all night. And drink some cherry wine. Uh huh

Just slow down, if you want me.
A man wants to be approached cool and romantically.

I've got needs, just like you.

If the conversations good vibrations through and through.

So come on baby won't you show some class? Why you have to move so fast.

We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time. Oh noo".

I hadn't realized that I had closed my eyes and was swaying to the music. I opened my eyes and looked out to the imaginary crowd. Everything about this moment felt right. Being on stage and singing what I basically couldn't say in words. I could mask my feelings with emotion for music. I felt like I belonged on stage.

"They'll love you." I turned around and saw Cameron standing by lox and was smiling. He came forward to me. He opened his arms and gave me a hug. I was quickly surrounded by warmth. I hugged him tight.

"Thanks cam. I hope they do." I let go of him and kissed his cheek.

"That was amazing." Mahogany came running to me and squeezed me in a hug.

"Cant... breathe!" I managed to get out.

"Sorry." She smiled shyly.

"It's okay. So did you see anything that I need to ch-"

"CAMERON!" Mahogany quickly cut me off as she yelled.

I twirled
around and saw Cameron dancing but took a wrong step and twisting his ankle causing him to fall off the stage.

"CAM!" I dropped the mic and ran down the stairs. Screeching noises echoed through the room. My ears burned from the ringing. I didn't care though, the mic didn't seem as important compared to cam.

"Uhhhhh!" I dropped to my knees as I put cams head in my lap.

"Shhh it'll be okay!" I tried soothing. I rubbed his head.

"SOMEONE CALL 9-1-1!!!!!" All the boys came running out.

Carter had his phone out and was talking to I'm guessing 911.

Johnson came running out and checked can over.

Hayes ran for the mic and turned it off covering his ears.

"Shhh... cam, it'll be okay I promise." I whispered as my voice cracked. I knew that he wasn't okay.

His arms looked broken and he had a big scar done his face. His leg looked wrong.

I felt a rumble near my stomach. I looked down and saw Cameron crying. His hands were in fists as tears came pouring down.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT DYLAN!" Nash screamed. I stared at him in shock. Nash was really attached to Cameron and seeing him hurt probably broke Nash's heart.

"It-it isn't her... fault!" Cameron stuttered out. His eyes still shut in pain. His hands now white from all the squeezing. A whimper came out from him.

"CAM, IF SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOU, YOU WOULDNT BE HURT!" Nash had tears running down his face. He raked his hands through his hair. Shawn came running trying to calm him down.

I looked down. The pain. I felt pain. It was my fault. If I had been watching Cameron he wouldn't be hurt.

I heard sirens all around. Bart came running out telling what happened. The doctors came rushing and lifted Cameron away from me.

"Shhhh it's okay cam," I kept rubbing circles on Cameron's hand as I ran next to the stretcher trying to stay with him as long as I could.

"Ahhhh!" He yelled in pain as the doctors pulled him onto a stretcher.

"I'm right here cameron, " I struggled to walk. I grabbed for his hand as they closed the door for the ambulance.

"It's not your fault dyl," I heard as the doors closed.

"I'm so sorry cam," I croaked out as I fell to the blackness only feeling hands slip to my waist at the last second.

*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|

Bad chapter. I know. Just wanted to update. Thanks for 3.47k reads! Get me to 3.55k reads and I'll update. Love you guys!

~AmaH_10💀🌸🌿