Chapter thirty nine: out of here

••Dylan's pov••

As I stood and recapped every thing that just had happened I couldn't help but feel guilty. Nash was right, I should have been paying attention to Cameron. but I was so caught up in the thrill of the moment I forgot all about cam. And for that, I felt bad.

I stood watching the ambulance drive away, tears pouring from my eyes.

All the guys were watching as the car drove away until we couldn't see it.

"What are you waiting for?! Get in the car and let's go!" I manage to scream out as I grab my keys and run to the car, not caring if I left with out them.

God, why am I so selfish? Why did I think of cam? I should of known that Cameron, being cameron, would do something like fall off the stage. Ugh.

I unlocked the door and started the car.

All the guys pulled in and I didn't hesitate to drive away. I heard gasps and cries of surprise as I went past the speed limit and didn't look
At the stop signs. Honestly I didn't care about a shape on a stick saying numbers.

What was important was my best friend, was in the hospital.
We were about two blocks from the hospital. I kept telling myself to calm down and that he was fine, but I couldn't bring myself to do that.

No one dared to say a word during the ride, fearing that I would snap at any moment. They all knew how close I was with Cameron. But out of all of us, Nash was the worst.

He was currently starring out the window in his own world sobbing quietly, not darting to face any of us. It pained me to know I caused him pain.

I look at him through the mirror.

"Nash...im sorry. Your right, it is my fault cam is in the hospital." I force myself to be strong. I will not cry.

He suddenly comes back to this world and looks dumbfounded. A flash of curiosity flickers in his eyes, but quickly leaves. He looks
Forward at me, but doesn't say a word.

I sigh and focus on driving. All the guys try to look as if nothing had just happened but we all k ow that what happened was a big deal. Nash never blew off someone.

It hurt to that I was the first one.

I parked the car and quickly took off my seatbelt and sprinted out the car. I heard over 10 pairs of feet stomping the ground so I knew the guys were behind me.
As I came close to the front desk I ran full speed, not wanting to wait any longer.

"What room is Cameron Dallas in?"
I managed to speak out, my voice cracking at the end.

The lady slowly looked up and me and typed in her computer.

"Room 517." She smiles a small smile of sympathy. I suddenly have a new fond of respect towards her.

I give her a small nod as to say 'thank you' and run to the elevator. Luckily some one was just getting off so I not so patiently move around them.

We all crowd into the small space and wait as the floor start to tick off.

As the fifth floor comes I practically run out the door when it opens. I run and look for room 517 at the same time.

514...515...516...517!

I don't even bother to knock. I barge through the door and take in the sight that stands I front of me.
Cameron laying in the bed with his leg propped up by a sling attached to a thing. His arm in a cast and bandages covering his head. Bruises cover his left side. I inhale softly and walk over to the side of his bed.

Tears prickle out of my eyes. By now the rest of the guys have crowded in the room. Each of us taking up a spot around his bed. We all now our heads and hold hands. I look up and realize that Cameron has a lot of people who love him.

I smile slightly and let go of Taylor's hand. He nods at me and let's go of carters hand. Soon everyone lets go and just stands there looking.

"Hello-woah, that's one big family.my name is doctor Watson."I turn and see a man about in his forties with a clipboard.

"Ah, yes we all are his family. So what's wrong with him?" Hayes asks kind of bluntly. I wouldn't blame him.

"Well it seems as if he took a big fall," he starts. Nah duh! He fell over a Lego. He freaking fell of a stage!

"But he wasn't badly hurt. He only got a few bruises and a broken leg and arm. But the rest is fine. He took a hit to the head but we were quick to make sure he didn't fall into a coma. When he wakes up he will be in a little of pain, but that's normal. He will have to keep his leg cast on for about 9 weeks and his cast on for about 7 weeks. Since he is already healed quickly, he may leave tomorrow night if he keeps on progressing. But that should be all." He smiles and nods at us all then leaves.

We all seem to release the breathe that we didn't know that we were holding. I turn to mat and smile. Cameron's going to be okay.

I can finally sleep knowing that Cameron is going to be okay. I carefully grab his hand and rub circles with my thumb. He seems to stir awake and a jolt of excitement surges through me.

"Hey cam, are you okay?" I softly ask.

His face scrunched in puzzlement.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|*|

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for a month. I was just so lazy. But here's a filler chapter. I'm going to update when I hit 5k reads. Thanks so much for 120 votes! You guys are so awesome. I updated last night my book "magcon singer" and tomorrow night I will update "breaking promises" I have changed my username to httpMatthew. I just thought it seemed cool.

So I've decided that every two weeks on Friday night(July 3) I will
Update one of my books (magcon singer) then Saturday night (July 4) I will update this book then on Sunday (July 5) night update breaking promises. So look forward to that! I love you guys so much! Don't forget to

COMMENT
VOTE
LIKE

Stay fierce✌🏼️

~httpMatthew💋