Potential Artists

Monday, June 7, 2015
Empire Entertainment record label
New York, New York
10:45 pm

"I want to sign them." Lucious Lyon stated as he pressed the replay button for the hundred time today. Earlier that day, his assistant Becky Williams sent him a video link of two girls that looked familiar to him and so did their names, but he can't place from where. Lucious came to know, the two girls were fraternal twin sisters and call themselves The Cheetah Girls, singing a song he never heard of call 'Cinderella' written by one of the girls name Jazlyn Avery. The two girls voices were like angels and sonically beautiful. Something rare he have not seen in a long time. Lucious watch all of the sisters duo music videos they had posted for the past four years in matters of hours. Their voices blended so well, one girl Lucious came to know as Jazlyn had the most even tone and what sounded like a professionally, he had not heard in a while. She sang from her heart with so much feeling and joy. The other girl Lucious came to know as Skylar had the most softest voice he ever heard and sounded like a disney princess mixed with a jazz singer. Lucious had been searching for talented people for the past three months to sign to Empire Entertainment record label before they go public in the next two weeks. He nearly gave up on searching for new talent. 'Thank you, Becky.' Lucious thought as he clicked on another cover of the sisters duo music.

"With all due respect sir, how do you know they're not signed already." Becky, Lucious assistant asked.

"If they're signed we buy them out. If not we sign them simple as that." Lucious shrugged his shoulders. He had been searching for too long for a sound like this that was very rare and unique. These girls made Lucious excited about music again. "Becky, send them an email. Ask for permission to post their newest video on my social media account. Also ask if they are sign to anyone. If not then Empire we like to sign them as soon as possible and if so we would like to buy them out with an better offer." Lucious stated as he gather his belongings to head home for the night. Lucious was relieved that the day was over. For the past couple months Lucious been more tired and feeling weak then usual. "Make sure to call me as soon as you get an answer. I'm going home for the night." He said causing Becky to nod as he stood up from his desk. "Oh and Becky." Lucious called over his shoulder as he made his way to his office door.

"Yes, sir?" Becky asked eyes fully alerted.

"Please get some rest as well. I know this past week has been hectic for everyone." Lucious slightly smiled at his assistant, Becky.

"Yes, sir, I'll try." Becky nodded as she follow Lucious out of his office door and went to her desk to quickly send an email to the two girls before grabbing her stuff and going home.