Signing to Empire

Thursday, June 10, 2015
Empire Entertainment record label
New York, New York
10:30 am

Jazlyn and Skylar sat down at the desk, nervous as hell. Thoughts running through their mind.

"Well, Jazlyn, Skylar, I think you two have a powerful voice. We need someone like you two here at Empire. You're both everything I'm looking for. All you guys have to do is sign." Lucious said handing Jazlyn and Skylar both contract papers. The girls takes the contract papers and read them over. "But before you guys signs I got a question for you two." 

"Okay?" Jazlyn and Skylar asked exchanging confuse looks.

"Do you guys happen to be related to Quincy Avery, by any chance?" Lucious asked causing the girls to tense up.

"Yeah, actually he was our dad." Jazlyn and Skylar awkwardly answered causing Lucious to chuckle while exchanging confuse looks.

"I knew y'all father growing up back in the day." Lucious responded to the girls causing their eyes to widen.

"No way." Jazlyn and Skylar commented in a shocking tone.

"Yeah and I knew y'all mother too." Lucious continued and the girls stare at him completely shock. "If there was any rapper in the game as good as me back in the day, it was Quincy and he was a big time drug dealer. Y'all mother could sing her but off like Selena. I remember the day y'all was born too and in fact my ex-wife Cookie and I are y'all god-parents." 

"Foreal!?" Jazlyn and Skylar exclaimed in shock at all of this information.

"Yeah." Lucious nodded. "Your father and mother are all three of my sons god-parents too." He added and the girls stares at him stunned. "I'm also sorry for your loss. I heard what happen."

"Um, thank you." Skylar muttered breaking the awkward silence while Jazlyn narrow her eyebrows at Lucious in confusion.

"Can we just sign these papers?" Jazlyn asked with an attitude, she was uncomfortable with this conversation about her parents and complety confuse on how he knew her parents. Also on how he is her and Skylar god-father when they never met him and her parents never mention him to them when they were alive, not even when they listen to his music growing up on the radio and why did he not show up to her parents funeral.

"Of course." Lucious nodded as he hands the girls each a pen. As they began signing they were rudely interrupted by someone busting through the door.

"Lucious!" The strange woman angrily yelled out causing Jazlyn and Skylar to exchange worried looks.

"Cookie, when did you get out?" Lucious asked standing up from his desk in shock at the sight of Cookie and the girls eyes widen in realization. Jazlyn and Skylar heard many great things about this woman they now know as Cookie Lyon.

"Two days ago." Cookie replied.

"Wow. 17 years later and you are still beautiful." Lucious voiced in awe, looking her up and down.

"17 years and I still want what's mine. Half of this company. It was my four-hundred-thousand that started this bitch. You know it and I know it. I want half of my company back." Cookie spat out bitterly.

"Cookie now is not the time. I'm trying to sign these lovely girls." Lucious gesturing to Jazlyn and Skylar.

"Um, who are they?" Cookie asked, looking at the girls and points at them.